LegacyGT.com

2014 Norcal LGT meet | track day

wpmarky

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it works pretty well at tracks with good cell service like laguna and infineon, but not so well in the boonies (Thunderhill).

If you have a gopro, there are some programs that will sync your video to the app data to make some kool vids that overlay your tach/speed/throttle/etc onto your footage.

I picked up a Scorpion brand 2010 rated helmet from a karting shop. Will this be okay???

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

As long as it is Snell M or SA 2010 rating, you're good to go. A Snell K rating for karts wont cut it.

Doesnt specify snell 2010 m rating, but a website states it.

The back of the helmet says snell 2010 fmvss no.218 certified.

http://www.revzilla.com/scorpion-exo-r410-helmets

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

The problem with M only rated helmets is that the SCCA doesnt accept them for autox. Thats why I paid a few extra bucks for an SA (special application) rating. It should say somewhere in the top of the helmet under the padding.

The problem with M only rated helmets is that the SCCA doesnt accept them for autox. Thats why I paid a few extra bucks for an SA (special application) rating. It should say somewhere in the top of the helmet under the padding.

Doesnt say anything on inside...hmm didnt want to go to lafayette to get sized.

On another note, is a fireproof helmet sock required? Do we need to wear a collar/brace?

Is a helmet the only required gear?

I know! Wtf is going on in here? Round up the troops!

We probably got all we're gonna get. You posted twice in the "what did you do to your 5th gen today", but I don't think we got any more takers...too bad.

My STi buddies are wussing out too. :mad: I wanted to show them that my "luxury family sedan" could hound them without even trying. :lol:

I think they $hit their pants when they felt what stage1 feels like ;)

Something to do this weekend. Hopefully I have learned enough on these boards to successfully make the swap. The only thing I am unsure about is bleeding the brakes. Everything else seems pretty straight forward - take off and replace. Is there a way to do this without getting brake fluid everywhere? Or is the idea just to catch is as best as you can in a catch can / newspapers?

http://i.imgur.com/xIKuwed.jpg

Archived