LegacyGT.com

2014 Norcal LGT meet | track day

wpmarky

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll try to make it out either way. Either bringing the impreza (at least its a subaru) to track, or the outback to hang out, bbq, and take pictures.

I've broken too many things to risk hurting my daily driver. And I have no doubt my beater track-preza is slower than all of the legacies.

• 3 weeks later...

Do we have a date picked out?

Shrek is itching to get on the track.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 2 weeks later...

Having cars jacked up & worked on at the track paddocks is normal, I would love to help with parts swaps/installs in between sessions as long as it's not messy.

Could do the rear brakes there too ; )

will everyone be racing in the same group? whats the process with that? are we going to individually sign up the same day and just meet and greet when we get there? i have never been to the track before so just wondering what the process is.

I never thought about that nor a helmet.

Okay...for the noob writing this post, please fill me/us in on the plan and what we need to bring.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Prep:

See here for a good intro to HPDE's.

Get a helmet (yes SA2005 or newer), change your oil if you're near your OCI, check tire pressures, torque down your lugnuts, top off brake fluid and coolant. If you haven't bled your brakes in a while, I recommend that. I also recommend better brake pads if you are running oem.

Day of:

1) individually sign up for w/e group you are comfortable with. Some will be beginner/low intermediate, some will be high intermediate (me) or advance (spiderpig)

2) meet for optional 6am bfast before and drive over together

3) arrive at 7am for registration

4) Those in the same group will be on track at the same time. You can either line up in the grid so you can drive in front/behind one another, or stagger.

5) Whether or not you are driving, we can all park in the same area of the parking lot so we can hang out together.

Archived