LegacyGT.com

The Duke of "Earl"

• Mega Users

So...will someone..., please explain, me forthwith,.. how there can be any manner, of possibility,...that any tires can hydroplane on a steel grate?

...;'s

..././/.....'s's

.....;;..kj's's

..;;;the wurld is a painful place,.., wur arryone is out tu git me. ,,.

P.S. this post shall be read by all in the typical accent of a southern bell.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a completely unrelated note. . . I saw KCwagon's avatar and my first thought was "boobie tassels!"

Double take. . oh wait, that's a GT speedo and tach.

Been watching too much burlesque.

I should warn you that Thetoad has legal representation. I would not misrepresent someone's avatar in his thread or you may face a civil suit for slander. Luckily for you, they ARE boobie tassels.

This is like bad pro wrestling smack talk

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZcykZBZKJw&noredirect=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZcykZBZKJw&noredirect=1[/ame]

So...will someone..., please explain, me forthwith,.. how there can be any manner, of possibility,...that any tires can hydroplane on a steel grate?

Thank you! This was bugging me too.

Your homework assignment gets a A+

Randy & Lovely Elisabeth were my main squeezes...Randy passed before his time,,like an nfl running back.

To clarify one point if possible ,,,on the G.W. Bridge.I started the hydro on the asphalt/concrete section of that bridge going eastbound prior to the state line marker,mid Hudson river.The car would not even Attempt to stop.If anyone chooses to debate me on those originally installed summer performance tires,and their ability to stop on wet roadways,,I'm here.

I know well the value and enjoyment factors my B brings to me.In fact I prematurely put it up for sale some months ago figuring I could easily find a replacement vehicle.That was not the case,,proving almost impossible save $45 Large,at least.

My intentions have been honorable.Im older than 80% of people on here and some life lessons earned May give others different perspectives .

One final point,,,I've been kicked off various sites,,,one in particular Watchuseek ,run by a Hollander did not appreciate my comments concerning the cutting of Sapphire crystals,used on high end watches.Yes,I collect watches as well.

Never,ever,lose your sense of humor.Find it even in the most Obtuse Situations as Andy Dufrene ,from Shankshaw might have said.

• I Donated
To clarify one point if possible ,,,on the G.W. Bridge.I started the hydro on the asphalt/concrete section of that bridge going eastbound prior to the state line marker,mid Hudson river.The car would not even Attempt to stop.If anyone chooses to debate me on those originally installed summer performance tires,and their ability to stop on wet roadways,,I'm here.

You fail to provide information on temperature at the time and on how old the tires were at the time.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050A+Pole+Position

They get pretty good reviews on Tire Rack...

Indeed,it is something I can be extremely adept at.

An olive branch,,,,,,dissed on

The Eagles talons,,sure to rise..

See what I mean,,people want,,,,,,no Demand confrontation .It's "So Entertaining"

When will you learn?

I'm a wordsmith,,you other heathens are mostly poor white trash,nothing more other than a knowledge of extracting additional horsepower from engines and then bitching because Your Mods ,,,,,did not work.

If the original tires fitted to my B were competent in Wet weather,,,,,I'll buy every member a steak dinner @ Peter Lugers in NYC .

I know you are provoking me,,,,,

Do your due dilligence,the 06 B was fitted with $360.00 each Bridgestone Potenza's ' SUMMER PERFORMANCE TIRES,excellent if you live in the desert,or salt lake....,,but truly worthless in wet urban environments.

You fail to provide information on temperature at the time and on how old the tires were at the time.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050A+Pole+Position

They get pretty good reviews on Tire Rack...

It does appear he re-arranged the front of the SpecB by porking a VW on the GW bridge. That it was raining provided the necessary lube to make the encounter quite pleasant. This proud event occurred roughly 3 months after Subaru duped him into buying a car with summer tires. Shortly thereafter, he moved to Pirelli P zero nero tires, because they "maximize dry road performance while enhancing hydroplaning resistance."

• Mega Users

See what I mean,,people want,,,,,,no Demand confrontation .It's "So Entertaining"

When will you learn?

I'm a wordsmith,,you other heathens are mostly poor white trash,nothing more other than a knowledge of extracting additional horsepower from engines and then bitching because Your Mods ,,,,,did not work.

If the original tires fitted to my B were competent in Wet weather,,,,,I'll buy every member a steak dinner @ Peter Lugers in NYC .

You are not a very good wordsmith. You are very good at being an idiot.

When will you learn?

You : Wordsmith

Me : Santa

• I Donated

:orly:

I don't think you want to get in a battle of education with me, bub. The best you will be able to do is tie, and you'll probably lose. ;)

Do your due dilligence,the 06 B was fitted with $360.00 each Bridgestone Potenza's ' SUMMER PERFORMANCE TIRES,excellent if you live in the desert,or salt lake....,,but truly worthless in wet urban environments.

I have done my due diligence. The Spec.B left the factory with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer tires. Did you even look at my link? The RE050As are fairly well-regarded summer tires. They don't measure up to Sunlop Direzza Star Specs or Michelin Pilot Sport Cups, but they are respectable. However, here's the rub about summer tires: they are great in the dry and the wet, providing the temperature is above 45 degrees. Below that, they don't work properly, and you are best off purchasing winter tires for that circumstance. All-seasons are a compromise, plain and simple. If YOU had done your due diligence, you would know that. :)

It does appear he re-arranged the front of the SpecB by porking a VW on the GW bridge. That it was raining provided the necessary lube to make the encounter quite pleasant. This proud event occurred roughly 3 months after Subaru duped him into buying a car with summer tires. Shortly thereafter, he moved to Pirelli P zero nero tires, because they "maximize dry road performance while enhancing hydroplaning resistance."

So tire wear and breakdown of the rubber compound was clearly not the issue. I'm still betting on low temperatures.

Incidentally, the P Zero Neros are not as good as the RE050As, according to Tire Rack survey results. Granted, Tire Rack survey results are not infallible, but they are better than the opinion of one man who has not done his due diligence. ;)

:orly:

I don't think you want to get in a battle of education with me, bub. The best you will be able to do is tie, and you'll probably lose. ;)

I have done my due diligence. The Spec.B left the factory with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer tires. Did you even look at my link? The RE050As are fairly well-regarded summer tires. They don't measure up to Sunlop Direzza Star Specs or Michelin Pilot Sport Cups, but they are respectable. However, here's the rub about summer tires: they are great in the dry and the wet, providing the temperature is above 45 degrees. Below that, they don't work properly, and you are best off purchasing winter tires for that circumstance. All-seasons are a compromise, plain and simple. If YOU had done your due diligence, you would know that. :)

So tire wear and breakdown of the rubber compound was clearly not the issue. I'm still betting on low temperatures.

Incidentally, the P Zero Neros are not as good as the RE050As, according to Tire Rack survey results. Granted, Tire Rack survey results are not infallible, but they are better than the opinion of one man who has not done his due diligence. ;)

Found the purchase date - March 2007. So 3 months later would have been May/Jun3. Even New Jersey should have been free of snow & cold temps by then.

Me thinks a high-rate of speed and tail-gating had more to do with it than poor tire performance. As the busiest bridge in the world, I can't believe that every one is driving with a safe separation. At least if my one crossing of the GW bridge was any indication - I'm surprised there is not more automotive carnage on that bridge.

OK OK....if you have a serious question, ask it in a coherent, understandable format without trying to put it into a poetry format and perhaps someone will give you an honest answer.

In regards to your issue with the Potenzas, there are NO tires that will grip on worn steel bridge grating, wet or dry, regardless of your driving experience. If you doubt, walk onto a bridge sometime in your tennis shoes and feel how slippery the grating is, either wet or dry. It was not the tires fault, nor the car's fault, but you must have been following too closely and that's the only answer. Not busting on you, simply the fact. If you couldn't stop safely when you saw an issue, you were following too closely.

When will you learn?

You? A wordsmith?

Hibbity Jibbity,,,,,,,,, summer eagles humpback whales,,,,, humor,,,, gangrene,,,,,, blame tires,,,,, lawyer chip chip charoo,,,,, shave and a haircut.

215/45/17 RE92's canyon carving in the wet on an 04 WRX. Even in the two instances where the driver over-drove the tires, he still easily recovered without drama:

You owe me dinner.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived