LegacyGT.com

Official: UT Newb thread (post your questions, previously asked, many times, here)

doccrowley

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Joel, are you a King-pin in the Nissan/Infinity crowd yet? I heard you can talk to Keith about a "tune" for that baby. Or ClimberD here for a 5eat shift kit. :)

He could do a tune and it does help a little. But certainly not like a tune on a Subaru engine where you can get 20+ HP for cheap.

No "cheap" power adders for these cars, unfortunately.

Nice to see things are rolling smoothly in this forum! :p

Serious question here :

At what compression starts to be too low for our cars? Also, happens when it block gets to that level? New block? I'm currently at 118 and don't want to be in the market for a new engine anytime soon

Depends you would tear it apart to see why it lost compression. Most of the time its bad rings on the pistons and you can reuse the block. The only real lime you need a new block is when you put a rod out of the block. Either way a bare block isnt that expensive, compared to the heads.

Optyks, why don't you talk to Aaron (Reflected Image) about a detail? He is a pro at getting things out. My sister dragged a huge cardboard / packaging tape box that was like 40 pounds off my trunk and he buffed about 96% of the scratches out. And he got out this huge gouge in the side of my bumper. It's amazing what buffing can do.

Archived