LegacyGT.com

Official: UT Newb thread (post your questions, previously asked, many times, here)

doccrowley

I have an older, cheaper-ish Cobra radar detector that I've been using a couple years and it has saved me countless tickets as well.

Like Logan said, if you're pegged with a laser, all it does is really let you know you're fucked. Last ticket I got was a couple years ago, I was coming down into the canyon from Park City at about 95, slowed down because canyon to about 80, and a few hundred feet before one of the overpasses, BAM, laser. Slowed down, passed under it and saw lights turn on and the car race down the ramp.

I merged in front of a semi but apparently my evasive tactics don't work too well :lol:

But yeah, the typical non-laser bands being detected with it has helped me dozens of times.

Oh, that hill up there is emanating a specific K band? Sure, I'll slow down.

Ohai cop. I definitely wasn't speeding before I ran across you.

Does your's go off at every shopping center also? Friends who have them they just go crazy city driving or on State. I'll have to look into this one, i'd only get a laser jammer if I felt like my car being dragged off on a tow truck.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO, I've always loved the sound and especially the looks of the Greddy Evo 2 CBE, i've heard good things about the SPT, and everyone's favorite if you don't like huge tips is the quad exhaust Invidia Q300. I personally think the quad tips were way too small for the car.

I had the GReddy EVO2s on both my sedan and wagon. Looked sick and sounded awesome, but ridiculously loud. I love Invidia, but I think the Q300 sucks. Currently running Stromung quads. Love it... Clean look, clean sound. They don't make them anymore, though.

Pretty sure that counts as a comment. You haven't seen top gun? Or do you just not have a sense of humor.

I think Bryce meant "no comment" regarding his top speed... I think

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Ding, ding, ding. Winner-winner, chicken dinner.

Tell me this; how much faster have you gone than the speedo indicates? ;)

Which has a higher top speed? My bike or my car???

:eek:

Car. Guessing bike tops out around 165 ish.

My zx-10 digital speedo would stop at 189mph... but the rpms would keep climbing...

Ok. Let's say I was on a road and figured out that a stage 1 5th gen will go at least as fast as the speedo reads... and that it's quite scary with all stock suspension components and I will not attempt a similar scenario with stock components ever again. Not that I did... :o

Question. If I put a bigger turbo in, do I need to flash stage 3?

You need to get a custom tune for the specific mods including your turbo. If you were just stage 2 before and only added the turbo, temporary (not injectors or ebcs or anything else) then the 16g might be fine with your current tune. You would need to do some data logging, but you'll want a custom tune to get the most out of the turbo and supporting mods

Finally got a giant rock on the freeway thrown at me, took a dime size chunk out of my paint. Cracked paint, and it's in shards on the right arch for my front window. I'm guessing a paint pen won't fix this will it? It's a good 70-80% size dime hole.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/12/7yrada8u.jpg

It's fixed with Touch Up paint, Mark Miller Subaru gave it to me for free lol. It's not perfect, but it looks a hell of a lot better than it did.

Hey, best place for brakes, need to put on my pads and rotors ASAP I need to be to school tomorrow. Please let me know, I got the right side on but I don't have brake glue, and or think I did it correctly so I need front left on also and right fixed.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Archived