LegacyGT.com

Official: UT Newb thread (post your questions, previously asked, many times, here)

doccrowley

Hey, best place for brakes, need to put on my pads and rotors ASAP I need to be to school tomorrow. Please let me know, I got the right side on but I don't have brake glue, and or think I did it correctly so I need front left on also and right fixed.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Brake Glue? :confused:

Put down the tools and step away from the vehicle. Best left to one with experience or a Professional before you go out and kill yourself or somebody else with a bad brake swap.

What happened to your rotors anyway? You couldn't possibly have driven hard enough to have worn through rotors anyway.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not ******* glue, I meant grease, for brake noise, Jesus christ. It's done anyways, drilled rotors are stupid, slotted is where it's at.

First time Mr "Doc" got me a little mad with his shit trolling.

Sh#t trolling: create a thread so derelicts can ask their brilliant questions and ignore common sense. Good thing you put slotted eBay rotors on your n/a auto car.

My wife's n/a Legacy auto was a very slow turd. I still bet rotors weren't needed.

Yes my car is pretty damn slow, I've noticed. No I'm not retarded enough to put ******* grease on my brakes. I'm stupid about many car things and I like to learn what I don't know. I purchased these stop tech slotted rotors from rallysportdirect, so no they are not "ebay". They aren't brembos, I mean I wouldn't want to try to track out a wagon or N/A sedan or anything. I'll post a picture of my old rotor since I haven't thrown it away yet. Or maybe I don't need to prove myself to your ass.

You don't know everything about every car. Learn to stop being such a douchebag to the people that would like to get into working on cars and enjoying doing things. Time to grow up or get off a forum where questions are asked and answered like adults not "hurr, look at this noob, I'll troll him instead of actually ever help because I know everything there is to know about cars, and no one else needs to have my knowledge." if you don't like me and or my "retarded" questions be the grown up doctor you are and block me.

I'm 19, this is a first real car to me. I like to learn about it, I figured my sound system out myself. It took me 3 days but it wasn't too bad.

You're what, 30? 40? Maybe even 50. You already are done with schooling and can afford a gt and fancy items on your car, with your awesome business. So don't make fun of the people on budgets and would still like a clean nice car. I'd take my Subaru N/A over a cobalt ss, or throw away turbo car worth 6 grand. I'm lucky enough to end up with an 07 and have been able to make it look better than stock. (Waiting for "hurr who said your car looks good, mudflaps" comments.) I like my car so far, I've done a few canyon runs down hill and having slotted rotors is a nice safety feature when going 80+ mph and seeing a deer going downhill.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/14/u6a5utan.jpg

Rotors had scratches pretty deep in them. We couldn't get them off without slamming them with a hammer. Steering wheel shook on breaking.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/14/y8yneteg.jpg

A perfect example of learning how to drive your car first, then adding small mods to learn what impact they have and then upgrading to a great car.

I think I remember Brendon driving Greg's car and beating many of the STi/EVO guys one day out at Wintercross. Sure showed me that a fast car is one that is clean in the corners as well as the line driven.

Archived