LegacyGT.com

BRZ STi - So it begins...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The BRZ is down on power, but it's not exactly slow either. It's just lacking in mid-range torque.

Motortrend test of BRZ

Motortrend test of 2005 LGT

Wait. Are you comparing a 2013 "sports car" against an automatic, 3300lb AWD sedan from almost a decade ago?

:lol:

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Another major difference between those is the cost of adding power.

For $4400 you can add the AVO turbo kit. Probably be at around 225-250whp on a 2700 lb car. Not to fricken shabby. All bolt on too, and not fabrication needed.

That's still pretty slow with 250whp imo.

350 ish and it would be getting fast!

That would be best of both worlds.

This kit would probably give you close to what your looking for

http://fullblownmotorsports.com/full-blown-brz-stage-1-premium-turbo-kit

But then with all that power, you're going to be spinning wheels a lot more than you probably would like.

But then with all that power, you're going to be spinning wheels a lot more than you probably would like.

But not for long. The engine will be gone in 10-15k miles, tranny - maybe similar. But your rear axles will explode in less than 5k. People who autox are already blowing their axles just due to lowering+too much grip+aggressive lock-up from stock Torsen.

:lol::lol::lol:

Doesn't make it less of pipe dream. That would be a level of performance as Cayman S. And with lower weight.

300hp should not be hard to do for 35k imo.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

They just need to make the car better quality. My s2000 has bone stock motor with 186k miles still making over 400whp. Stock trans? Axles, diff etc.

Been boosted for 60k miles now. Sure it didn't come that way. I have maybe 7k in boost parts added but just proves for 35k you can have the car built to handle the power great.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

They just need to make the car better quality. My s2000 has bone stock motor with 186k miles still making over 400whp. Stock trans? Axles, diff etc.

Been boosted for 60k miles now. Sure it didn't come that way. I have maybe 7k in boost parts added but just proves for 35k you can have the car built to handle the power great.

Id be awesome to buy a car like that. Will subaru make it happen, i highly doubt it.

300hp should not be hard to do for 35k imo.

300hp with <2700 lbs weight for 35k?

Again, this is Cayman S territory. New Alfa 4C will have similar P/W (in Europe). You can guess how much it would cost here given that in Europe it's priced around Cayman S.

Keep dreaming.

I have maybe 7k in boost parts added but just proves for 35k you can have the car built to handle the power great.

One example proves nada. For several S2ks that survived the abuse after warranty there could be equally many that didn't, and that's an awfully high failure rate that is unacceptable for OEM applications. And they don't make S2k's any more for any money.

Just giving an example of a car that can very reliably handle the power. Not a rare thing either. The motors in the s2000 love boost and tons of it!!

More reliable boosted than most boosted stock cars imo.

300hp is what came in the sti stock. Out that power in the brz for 10k more than the car costs now. Should not be hard to do at all.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Just giving an example of a car that can very reliably handle the power. Not a rare thing either. The motors in the s2000 love boost and tons of it!!

More reliable boosted than most boosted stock cars imo.

300hp is what came in the sti stock. Out that power in the brz for 10k more than the car costs now. Should not be hard to do at all.

100 hp for 10k... thats 1k per 10 hp

For 10k i could rebuild the motor and add a turbo kit and make almost 400bhp

That's because of the name attached to those cars. I can assure you maybe not in a year but the BRZ will become available with a boosted version in the not TOO distant future and I would be shocked if it didn't get around the 300hp mark stock.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

^Only if the the STi gets enough bump that it stays ahead 0-60 and 1/4 mile. And not by .2 secs. I'd expect a upgraded BRZ to be at least .5 sec slower than the flagship STi.

With it being a Toyota/Subaru marque that makes things a bit interesting as for other options, but seeing as Subaru is actually building them, I don't think they will fold easy. Also possible that other markets may see a hot spec 86, but not us.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

That's because of the name attached to those cars. I can assure you maybe not in a year but the BRZ will become available with a boosted version in the not TOO distant future and I would be shocked if it didn't get around the 300hp mark stock.

Well a boosted brz may be in the future <5 years, there are still features of the car that dont make it a 40k car. Yeah the handling is amazing and the lightweight car with the added potential power, but the interior is cheap and simple imho. And parts of the car dont screen 40k!

40k is a LOT of money.

Just saying i dont think there is a market for that price. Its amazing how these go for only ~25k !

Archived