LegacyGT.com

BRZ STi - So it begins...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^No kidding, I think the change in turbochargers for the 09 WRX caught a lot of people off guard because of how rarely they do that.

The STI has been around 305 HP for the last what, 10 years?

04-07 STI is 293hp per current SAE measuring standards.

I hooned one for a weekend. If the handling and transmission was better, I consider trading in my S2000. The S2000 is more fun though.. handles a lot better than the BRZ in its stock form. Then again, I have *specs on the S2k and the BRZ I drove came with regular stock tires. I'm curious to see what modifications they'll make to the BRZ in terms of suspension.

Funny that Japanese tuners all go for a balance of handling and speed, while all the North American audience wants is MOAR POWAR!!!11one!.

Nice. Now all they need to do is make a 3.0 with DI.

That - or 3.6.

But shortening the stroke of a 3.6 (to allow for higher rpms), a set of forged pistons and a set of pretty wild cams (or a twin turbo setup) could make things interesting. But that would probably be like handing a set of dynamite sticks to kids.

453747.png

I know why it is - what it is. But I test drove an FRS and was immediately bored with it - no torque at all. And the suspension was brutally stiff - with my back & the crappy roads here in Tucson there's no way I could live with this car as a DD.

Apparently many of the local AutoX'ing experts disagree with me though because at every event there's another one - there was 6! at the last event here in July.

In the right hands they're very fast, they're just not my kind of fun.

20130728_101600.thumb.jpg.a9a487cf3a97047f7a22cc162517792a.jpg

20130728_101625.thumb.jpg.0bd948fa013b57835bea5fe2a3c41bad.jpg

20130728_101703.thumb.jpg.db25dde97814914071af953de7c27f18.jpg

20130728_101739.thumb.jpg.29996e6d04d296df612f9f39b6a35c7c.jpg

20130728_101947.thumb.jpg.c2060bf954a4402671ed53d9c9bbf93f.jpg

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

And the suspension was brutally stiff - with my back & the crappy roads here in Tucson there's no way I could live with this car as a DD.

EVOs are brutally stiff. BRZ is just firm and has very good dampers. So you'll feel the road, but it's not punishing like EVO. I have zero problems driving around pretty broken roads in Michigan.

So it's your back, most likely. No sports car will work for you.

No sports car will work for you.

You've dashed all my hopes - what ever will I do?

Oh right - I already found a reasonably priced car that works for me just fine. You don't need to get defensive - I'm not attacking the FRS/BRZ as being a bad car - I already qualified my comment as saying I have unique requirements.

Regarding the original point of a souped up version though - I think it's very difficult for those of us addicted to the torque of turbo 4's to give it up. On this issue the BRZ/FRS does not deliver - it was never supposed to - that's our problem, not the car's. It's just a totally different experience. For me - I can't live without a snail under the hood.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I know why it is - what it is. But I test drove an FRS and was immediately bored with it - no torque at all. And the suspension was brutally stiff - with my back & the crappy roads here in Tucson there's no way I could live with this car as a DD.

Apparently many of the local AutoX'ing experts disagree with me though because at every event there's another one - there was 6! at the last event here in July.

In the right hands they're very fast, they're just not my kind of fun.

The one with the Initial D vinyl job is ridiculous.

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

Archived