LegacyGT.com

Kinugawa Turbo Review

I don't know if there is a newer version or such of the STS for Kamak, but it is now available on Kinugawa turbos, for less money.

The STS has shown it has similar spool characteristics to the BB turbos

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not seeing the STS option on the Kinugawa site. Am I just missing it?

If not, what is the real difference between this:

http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/kinugawaturbohyundaigenesistd05h16g300ps-3-1-2.aspx

and this:

https://www.facebook.com/kamakturbo/app_251458316228

other than the price?

As stated earlier in the thread, I don't know how you would get the STS upgrade without contacting them directly, or finding a distributor to get the upgrade. As of now, it does not appear to show up as an upgrade on the site

The difference between Kamak and Kinugawa, are that Kamaks come standard as billet/STS. Kinugawa starts as cast, and then you can add on options, and then the price goes up, naturally. The specific differences between a fully optioned out Kinugawa and an equivalent Kamak? That I do not know...

As stated earlier in the thread, I don't know how you would get the STS upgrade without contacting them directly, or finding a distributor to get the upgrade. As of now, it does not appear to show up as an upgrade on the site

The difference between Kamak and Kinugawa, are that Kamaks come standard as billet/STS. Kinugawa starts as cast, and then you can add on options, and then the price goes up, naturally. The specific differences between a fully optioned out Kinugawa and an equivalent Kamak? That I do not know...

I know the Kamaks have a 360* thrust bearing, and the Kinugowa do not. Not sure if there is any other differences for sure

I know the Kamaks have a 360* thrust bearing, and the Kinugowa do not. Not sure if there is any other differences for sure

We just need to convince Bruce to buy a Kamak instead of a full option Kinu...

The international tracking number hardly ever works. Relax.

The guy "Bruce" from Kinugawa emails me and apologizes because they said they misplaced my order and never sent it out! Relax? They never sent it out and emailed me a fake tracking number. Relax :lol:

The guy "Bruce" from Kinugawa emails me and apologizes because they said they misplaced my order and never sent it out! Relax? They never sent it out and emailed me a fake tracking number. Relax :lol:

My turbo came in a week or week and a half. Tracking never worked. Be patient. Mine came straight from Taiwan.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I just ordered a Kinugawa 20g and asked Bruce at Kinugawa if there are differences in the thrust bearings. He said they are the same because Kinugawa turbos are made from Kamak rebuild kits.

Just FYI, I got a Kinugawa Td06H-20g for $800. The billet compressor and STS turbine upgrade cost me an extra $250. I had to ask Bruce directly for the upgrade.

This is really confusing as our local friend who has the distributor account is Bruce, and Kinugawa's rep is also named Bruce :lol: . Small world...

But glad to hear that if you guys contact them directly, that you're given the option to upgrade!

• Mega Users

Quit your bitching.

Solid. Thats such a beast.

Thart TD06 wheel is massive. No doubt its going to flow like the blood of the infidel up top. I wonder how it will spool on the street and in 1st and 2nd gear.

Edited by DOHCstunr

Solid. Thats such a beast.

Thart TD06 wheel is massive. No doubt its going to flow like the blood of the infidel up top. I wonder how it will spool on the street and in 1st and 2nd gear.

I'll post up some graphs of boost in different gears. I'm using per gear boost control which helped get more boost in 1st and 2nd with the 16g, but I imagine this turbo will be laggy. Top end power is what I'm looking for, though.

To anyone who has installed an 18G with STS, how is spool? I'm considering going from my BNR16G to the Kamak 16G or 18G. I would like a little more power, but I'm not as concerned with max power as I am with leveling out the torque curve and hopefully shifting it to the left with earlier and less-transient-time spool

To anyone who has installed an 18G with STS, how is spool? I'm considering going from my BNR16G to the Kamak 16G or 18G. I would like a little more power, but I'm not as concerned with max power as I am with leveling out the torque curve and hopefully shifting it to the left with earlier and less-transient-time spool

I'm still in the middle of being tuned, but even on the basemap, I can definitely tell that there is A LOT more of a usable power band. I don't consider it laggy at all, especially on-and-off transient boost response. My tuner's friend thought that the spool video I posted was a normal ball bearing turbo, not a journal bearing :lol: