LegacyGT.com

Kinugawa Turbo Review

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friend of a friend has their 20g with both wheel upgrades with a td05 7cm housing and the powerband is beautiful. Made 380/390 on a mustang dyno. Hits 350tq at 3300 and doesn't drop below till around 5500.

td05 7cm 20g on a heartbreaker making 380? I realize they are only numbers but I've been around a while and have yet to see this. Some mod details are missing.

Great turbos though... if only they were BB.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Do you have the bigger fuel pump and injectors to support the 20g ? I know mustangs read low but 290whp ?

Yes DW850 and 255L FP. I was really hoping for more than 290WHP, but my stock clutch and IPR TMIC are probably holding me back. The car's making about 25WHP more than a VF52 or VF48 and the turbo has more room left in it. I expect a TD05 20G to make about 30-40WHP more than a VF48 so I think I am in the ballpark.

td05 7cm 20g on a heartbreaker making 380? I realize they are only numbers but I've been around a while and have yet to see this. Some mod details are missing.

Great turbos though... if only they were BB.

Nothing else crazy done to it, he listed the graph and mods in the kinugawa post in ppb on nasioc. Car was tuned at PAS, an STi with a Hta green made 350hp/346tq for comparison which just makes the other results stranger. More than anything I'm envious of the plot

Edited by system60

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, because there are several alternatives to consider. I found out that the Kamak is their higher end line and comes with STS 9 blade turbine and not available on the Kinugawa turbos. I also found out that from the GB (SteamSpeed) that the price is around 300 more for these. The port and polish option from the GB is only on the turbine side which is okay, but then there also is no ceramic coating options either. So now I'm looking at a BB equivalent with all the options I mentioned (no STS turbine because its not Kamak or Kinugawa) but full port/polish (turbine and compressor sides) and ceramic coating. Search on 6StarSpeed for more details.

Impressive... I hadn't heard of them before but they are now the only ones to offer a BB cartridge for less than Blouch.

• 3 weeks later...
I just bought an adjustable actuator from them for my VF43 bnr68. 100$ shipped, which is about half price compared to Forge and AVO. Hopefully it will perform just as well.

Which spring did you acquire? I believe mine came with 1.0 bar

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Which spring did you acquire? I believe mine came with 1.0 bar

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I picked the 1.2 bar which is about 17psi spring. I will be running about 21-22 psi so that should be fine.

The turbo is in and so far....its seems nice. not going to full boost until i break it in. My question is that on the actuator, there is a screw hole, does that remain open?

Looking good!

No need to break it in though. Just go get it tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

You can the 20G TD06's right off of the Kinugawa site for $770 shipped. Thats killer. I thought i could cut corners and go with JM Turbo Technologies located in Alhambra CA... 20G was $400 shipped, absolutely beautiful, but the shaft had massive play??? I'm not puttting that sh!t in my car! Then they wanted to make me pay to ship it back to them? Yeah right, you send me a faulty piece thats on you! Pricks :lol:

http://jmturbo.com/