LegacyGT.com

Kinugawa Turbo Review

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ lordchilly

Are those numbers with your 18g? Hows the lag? I'm 5eat also and trying to decide what to go with.

That is not my numbers. That was from the stock vf46. It's laggy now cause it's not tuned yet. I'm waiting to finish breaking in and to upgrade the oil line, then I'm off to get tuned. So far it feels nice and a nice spooling sound.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

The parts kit included is super legit, but I'm unsure of whether it includes UP bolts or not. It does at least include new, very high quality gaskets. Let us know how the install goes! (I'd recommend deleting TGVs as getting rid of the sensors is one less failure point and gives a bunch more clearance for the turbo)

I will be picking up my car this weekend, and my buddy who is doing the work on the car is extremely impressed with how the turbo feels. He has a billet Kinugawa, a TD006 SL2 18G 8cm, on his STi

Next month I'm ordering the the td06 SL2 20G twinscroll, TS header, & TS downpipe (and have it modded to fit - needs to be extended).

Unless someone brings up something I hadn't thought of.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Still looking at options if I need to replace now and they have a replacement cartredge for the VF40 for 500. I need to keep a vf 40 of some flavor for the bi anual smog check one way or another.

I see them from 250 to 600 on the interweb. Hmmm.

STS wheel makes the assembly so light. I turned it with my finger a few times and its effortless to bring it to a stop. I feel like transient spool is going to be the biggest winner. People think the Billet wheel is where the weight is but the turbine wheel and shaft carry the vast majority of the load.

Next month I'm ordering the the td06 SL2 20G twinscroll, TS header, & TS downpipe (and have it modded to fit - needs to be extended).

Unless someone brings up something I hadn't thought of.

Please tell us how the install goes and what your final #'s are. This is a set up that I would like to do as well if things line up for me in the future.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

STS wheel makes the assembly so light. I turned it with my finger a few times and its effortless to bring it to a stop. I feel like transient spool is going to be the biggest winner. People think the Billet wheel is where the weight is but the turbine wheel and shaft carry the vast majority of the load.

Damnit, John. Your greasy fingers are going to throw off the precise balancing of my turbo! :spin:

You can the 20G TD06's right off of the Kinugawa site for $770 shipped. Thats killer. I thought i could cut corners and go with JM Turbo Technologies located in Alhambra CA... 20G was $400 shipped, absolutely beautiful, but the shaft had massive play??? I'm not puttting that sh!t in my car! Then they wanted to make me pay to ship it back to them? Yeah right, you send me a faulty piece thats on you! Pricks :lol:

http://jmturbo.com/

What's massive play? Because Journal Bearings have more play than a ball bearing turbo, until oil fills the JB there will be play. If the wheel fins don't hit the housing, but there is play, it should be fine.