LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2011 LGT - BNR 20G, EWGs, custom FMIC, Brembos, Recaro

You figure ~350hp range then and ~400tq??? I want to see some crack over 375hp

225 at the wheels for a 300 crank HP car is a 25% loss for IAG's dyno. So 315/319 at the wheels calculates as 420/425 at the crank.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on your results!

Your numbers are consistent with what mine were also. After tweaking everything, wound up at 314 whp and 314 Tq (Mustang Dyno w/o correction). Power delivery is strong and smooth up to redline.

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing after looking at the graph. I really didn't look at the graph much with Jorge. We just talked about what was going on in the upper range and how he tuned around the boost creep issue.

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing after looking at the graph. I really didn't look at the graph much with Jorge. We just talked about what was going on in the upper range and how he tuned around the boost creep issue.

Didn't notice any.

Any idea what the conditions were at the time of your tune? You have the dip too but very very very little and I have more than ebo03's chart. I know the conditions at my tune were over 100 degrees and ebo03 said it was 80 - 100 when he went. I wonder if it's just heat soak and is over powering the TMIC in high temps.

I've been looking at intercooler cores the past two days. I think I will attempt to design my own piping using the modified first pipe from the Racer X charge pipe kit. It will be time consuming but I think it can be done. I want to buy a set of winter wheels instead of paying a shop for a custom FMIC.

I have my eye on a couple different intercoolers, both 3" thick cores. Based on rough measurement there is about 3.5" between radiator and bumper beam. I'm going to remove bumper and beam this weekend and mock up a core which I'm cutting out of styrofoam to size. Once I verify fitment I'll order the core and start to figure out the piping.

How is your 20g at holding boost in the vf housing?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Don't have a dyno graph showing boost so can't say for sure. But from my discussion with Jorge there is no issue with holding boost but boost creep due to the smallish TD05 frame.

Got the PLX gauge that was not included in the box on Thursday and got around to installing it tonight. The gauge is wired with a serial connection so I had to widen out the hole in the dash as it was drilled for a USB size connector. It was a bit of a task as I had to remove the trim beneath the steering column, the trim around the stereo, and the gauge cluster. All are very simple with easily accessible screws and clips but still time consuming especially since it was my first time around so I was proceeding with extra caution.

I put back everything except the lower trim. I need to hook the PLX system up to a laptop and get everything configured so I'll do that tomorrow then it'll be good to go. Fingers crossed that IAG wired everything correctly. ;)

If you don't mind posting a few pics of your gauge setup when all said and done

Not a problem but it's really nothing visually exciting, which is exactly what I wanted instead of littering up the dash with muliple gauges. It's one gauge in the 52mm OEM pod located on the right side of the dash (about 1:30 on the steering wheel).

Ok some pics to share. Some are blurry but I was just snapping quickly as I was moving along disassembling everything.

Some things to note I think the core size I chose is going to be too tall at 11.75". Something around 8-9" would certainly be more ideal.

1418760674_frontend.thumb.jpg.918d11087c5a68cb51fdfab0463cbd2e.jpg

1300661368_crashbeam.thumb.jpg.ffa9a343557d4dd9f4ee93681770ff7c.jpg

1206728283_bigcore.thumb.jpg.e793ad4f96e72d6bce25e41a384872db.jpg

333473699_smallcore.thumb.jpg.39b3003c559749ef8a1aad7eb701847c.jpg

piping.thumb.jpg.586c7b15a43b48c3fb8f89030ea526e5.jpg

The filler neck of the windshield washer fluid tank can be easily removed to allow for more clearance of cold side piping. As you can see I have hardly used any fluid in my 2+ years of ownership so capping this tank would be no big loss for me. Going with a smaller battery and/or trimming some of the excess battery tray is also a possibility to free up some space in that area. Also the lower plastic piece that attaches to the sheet metal surrounding the radiator support (where the core sits in the post above) will probably have to be removed to allow for more of the core to be exposed beneath the crash beam.

1805040754_wwfluidfillneck.thumb.jpg.23e314828d5a9aeb4604a6960889b96f.jpg

wwfluid.thumb.jpg.ef78083c93ef2983f9940b27ac2cc2ed.jpg

1841718492_wwfluidfillneckremoved.thumb.jpg.701979fa7a446bceed25486c0e60040c.jpg

632267423_wwfluidtank.thumb.jpg.79e83898733fbbc705895ac39a22f567.jpg

So I'm debating upon the following...modify OEM crash beam for 3" core or buy an AMS crash beam for either GD or GR STI and modify it for the 5th gen Legacy. AMS crash beam would allow for a thicker core as the AMS core is 3.5".

Archived