LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2011 LGT - BNR 20G, EWGs, custom FMIC, Brembos, Recaro

Yes I definitely plan on selling the Racer X top mount and charge pipe. I also forgot to mention that I'm using the initial charge pipe that Bryan sent out with fitment issues so I'll only have to buy a 2" t-bolt clamp to sell the complete charge pipe kit. IAG slightly modified the first pipe to make it work with the kit.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since I'm in DE we don't have a front plate so that'll save me $70. If I can sell my RacerX for $500 then it's just $390 + labor. We'll need to calculate your hourly rate. This is minimum wage work right? :lol:

Labor rates at my shop are currently cheap but are subject to extreme fluctuations.

In all honesty if I can make something like this work then just about anybody can. It just takes time my friend.

I might have missed it so sorry if I did. But are you moving the turbo at all to pipe in an EWG?

Also any thoughts on going to the NA intake manifold for the increased flow now that the tmic is out of the way?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Haven't considered EWG or NA intake manifold. Is the NA manifold considerably larger than LGT mani? Is Six Star going to fab an EWG setup for you?

We are talking about that. It will take a new exhaust mani that they can fab up for me.

Right now the holding pattern is on me.

Waiting honestly to see what gives first stock block or trans.

Next will either be 6speed swap or motor build. FMIC will go with either of thosr it may be required for the trans swap to make new mounts work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Failed on the anodizing. The place I took it to wasn't very comfortable with it and due to the intricacies of the core was afraid the acid may possibly eat some areas if they were bent or had imperfections. Also he was going to charge $350 whether it came out well or not. Oh well, at least he was upfront about it all. Just called Grimmspeed and I think I'll send it off to them for thermal dispersant coating.

I assume you'll be coming back up to IAG for a tune? Do you have that scheduled yet? Also, any other modifications since the original 20G tune or just the FMIC? Are they charging you for a touch up or full retune?

Yes they are tentatively planning on Jorge being there Nov 2-3 so that should work for me. I have done nothing other than the FMIC...hell I think I've done just about everything possible to the car power wise short of meth, E85, or race gas. I would imagine Jorge would only need an hour to retune it but I'm not sure. I didn't ask when I spoke to Rick a couple weeks ago but will find out soon.

Decided against Grimmspeed thermal dispersant coating due to timing issues. I need to have the core next weekend to fit everything together for welding. It would have been pushing it to get it back in time even though they quoted turnaround time at 2-3 business days. At this point I'm not up for paying for 2nd or Next Day Air shipping both ways. So I ordered some Eastwood satin black radiator paint and will make it a DIY job.

Dropped the bar off today for powder coating. Now I just need to find somebody who has a small enough bead roller to fit in 2.25" tubing. Called a few places today and no such luck.

Hold on a minute...

Swaintech's BBE is a thermal disbursement coating it's what I have on my TMIC. They are local to me.

http://swaintech.com/race-coatings/race-coating-descriptions/bbe-heat-emitting-coating/

I read a few reviews on their BBE that said it chipped off quickly and easily (I think this was mainly on front mounts where they are exposed to the elements more than top mounts). I found this to be a huge surprise considering their White Lightning ceramic coating is regarded as the best out there. What has been your experience with the BBE Blizzard?

I remember checking out Swaintech's website a while back and they usually have about a 3 week turnaround time. So this definitely won't work with my current plans.

I read a few reviews on their BBE that said it chipped off quickly and easily (I think this was mainly on front mounts where they are exposed to the elements more than top mounts). I found this to be a huge surprise considering their White Lightning ceramic coating is regarded as the best out there. What has been your experience with the BBE Blizzard?

I remember checking out Swaintech's website a while back and they usually have about a 3 week turnaround time. So this definitely won't work with my current plans.

Mine has been fine but I have a top mount so I can't really comment on durability when it's really exposed like that. In my opinion any coating that's exposed like that is going to take a beating. It does work really well though, after beating on the car with summertime temperatures you can open the hood and the TMIC is noticeably cool or luke warm when everything else is burning hot.

The turn around time seems correct. Mine was about a week and a half but I'm local and I'm sure they are factoring in shipping with that estimate.

Had to cut another piece of piping tonight. I pretty much guessed for IAT sensor bung and BPV flange location on the J pipe off the throttle body. As I was looking at it tonight, I definitely guessed wrong and had them located incorrectly. Cut another piece of pipe and mocked the bung and flange up this time.

I'm going to drop that pipe off on Monday to have the bung and flange TIG welded on. I am having a tough time finding a shop that will allow me to come in with the car pretty much disassembled and have a welder tack the piping together as I fit it then finish the welding off the car.

Luckily I have an uncle who does lots of metal fabrication and he feels comfortable welding the piping together using a Miller MIG and spool gun. His only concern is if the tubing is too thin it will just burn through it. Piping is 2mm thick, roughly 14 gauge, so I think it will hold up just fine. As he explained to me amperage is the key with aluminum so the temps are much hotter than using a MIG with steel. We shall see...I have lots of scrap tubing for him to play with and get the settings just right before attacking the good stuff. Planning to have him finish the piping next Saturday. If it doesn't work out then I think I can get a mobile welder to come to my house and do it there as I fit it.

Sprayed core yesterday with Eastwood satin black radiator paint. While the paint seemed to be of decent quality (hell I guess it was, I'm no paint expert) the nozzle on it sucked major balls. It consistently dripped and sprayed blotches. It didn't seem to matter what pattern, length, speed or any other variable that I sprayed it still sucked. No big deal...the core is black and will not be examined with a magnifying glass by anybody. It's no longer silver and that was the main objective. Also sprayed the t-bolt clamps for the end tank inlet & outlet with black Plastidip. It's going to be very stealthy.

I assume you'll be coming back up to IAG for a tune? Do you have that scheduled yet? Also, any other modifications since the original 20G tune or just the FMIC? Are they charging you for a touch up or full retune?

Talked to Rick today and got the tune setup...date and time to come later. He is pretty sure that the tune will only take an hour but needs to confirm with Jorge since speed density tuning is more time consuming. He is ok not doing a full pre-dyno inspection just a boost leak test so I should be in and out of there quickly.

Talked to Rick today and got the tune setup...date and time to come later. He is pretty sure that the tune will only take an hour but needs to confirm with Jorge since speed density tuning is more time consuming.

I can't remember, are you already speed density or are you guys just converting to SD now?

When I first went SD the tuning took a while because it was basically starting over from scratch, but updates to the SD tune afterwards didn't seem to take too much time.

I can't remember, are you already speed density or are you guys just converting to SD now?

When I first went SD the tuning took a while because it was basically starting over from scratch, but updates to the SD tune afterwards didn't seem to take too much time.

Already speed density. I was tuned with SD in August.

Fresh wrinkle black powder on AMS crash bar. Will have it mounted tomorrow.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn183/ebo05jmu/11%20LGT/IMG_20131016_235746.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn183/ebo05jmu/11%20LGT/IMG_20131016_235800.jpg

And the front mount is...drumroll please...DONE!! And I got hammered last night to celebrate my accomplishments. It was very well deserved after all that.

I had to adjust a couple things today and neglected to get pics of piping with the bumper off. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. One last thing to do...I still need to cut the engine cover to fit.

Archived