LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2011 LGT - BNR 20G, EWGs, custom FMIC, Brembos, Recaro

I think it's sorted out now. Sounds like we forgot to torque down the charge pipe bolts after loosening them towards the end of the install. Guess that would explain the black smoke and rich condition.

Hitting the road tomorrow after work and staying with my brother in Winchester tomorrow night. Dropping off the car at IAG Thursday at 9am. They have a decent list of things to do before the tune which is scheduled for Sunday.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What all are they doing? If they are fabricating parts I might want them to make doubles as they go along. :)

1. Custom intake

2. Modify Racer X charge pipe to fit

3. Speed density conversion

4. Install PLX gauges (wideband, boost, oil press, EGT)

5. Helicoil front Brembo mounting points

6. Install Whiteline rear camber bushings

7. Alignment

If they happen to run out of time then they'll skip 5-7. The main focus is the power parts.

What did u do for an intake acumenhokie?

1. Custom intake

I'm running a KS Tech 73mm Short Ram Intake Pipe with AEM filter. Since our cars have the newer MAF it has a smaller opening than the old and common subaru one. As a result I had to get a MAF block off plate fabricated. I also ordered the Samco intake hoses but as of now they are sitting in my garage awaiting install.

You can see a picture of my setup here, let me know if you want some close ups:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4451768&postcount=289

I'm planning to have an intake box fabricated by the same guy who did my AOS bracket but if they aren't just installing an intake but also building a box for you I'm going to call Rick @ IAG and tell him to build one for me too. :)

Dropped it off at IAG today. Nice shop, nice guys, and lots of new stuff going on at the shop. Looking forward to the tuning session on Sunday. I have the 8am slot so should be about as cool as it can be in August.

Have to mention they were playing Wu-Tang in the shop this morning. CREAM was the first on the playlist so I know the car is in good hands.

Have them show you the "clean room" upstairs. Not sure that's what they really call it but it looked more like BigBopper's garage then an auto shop. :lol:

Have them show you the "clean room" upstairs. Not sure that's what they really call it but it looked more like BigBopper's garage then an auto shop. :lol:

Rick showed us the upstairs areas...very cool.

1. Custom intake

2. Modify Racer X charge pipe to fit

3. Speed density conversion

4. Install PLX gauges (wideband, boost, oil press, EGT)

5. Helicoil front Brembo mounting points

6. Install Whiteline rear camber bushings

7. Alignment

If they happen to run out of time then they'll skip 5-7. The main focus is the power parts.

Sounds like they only had time for 1-4. Rick made me completely aware of this up front so no big deal. I was the one calling every few days adding another thing or two once the appointment was already scheduled.

So PLX neglected to send the DM-100 with my order that I placed back in May. Of course I didn't realize it until IAG went to install the gauges. So they installed all the modules and wired everything up. Now to call PLX on Monday and chew their ass if they won't overnight the DM-100.

I passed 1200 miles on the new turbo today and I think I like every mile better than the one before it. Being able to sprint into and out of the right lane to go around people driving slow in the left lane is one thing the stock turbo always lacked.

Can wait to see your numbers. What did they end up doing with your intake?

Not sure what exactly they did on the intake. I also mentioned to the guy who was working on it (side note - he is also named Evan) to make some sort of heat shielding around the intake. But I don't really know what they did right now. Will have to wait until tomorrow morning bright and early.

Updated post #4 with today's tuning results. Dyno sheet is attached and I will try to get the entire dyno file from Rick tomorrow so I can post few other plots. I just looked at the sheet for the first time and realized it doesn't show RPM but MPH on the X axis.

TUNING UPDATE 8/25/13

Awesome numbers and very similar to what I experienced. I was glad to see that you have the same little hiccup near the top I do (cause it probably means nothing is wrong with either of our setups). Let me know if you start venturing down that FMIC tunnel.

Congrats and enjoy the awesome trip back down 81.

That is the 20G. And yes not your typical Dynojet. For reference, stock STIs make about 225 on that dyno.

Ok i was going to say i thought people were getting that at like stage 1.... tq not hp. I know numbers are all relative. Do you have a graph of boost vs rpm? I'd love to see how the spool of the 20g is compared to the 4th gens

Ok i was going to say i thought people were getting that at like stage 1.... tq not hp. I know numbers are all relative. Do you have a graph of boost vs rpm? I'd love to see how the spool of the 20g is compared to the 4th gens

I'll try to get the entire dyno file from Rick today and see what other graphs I can post for you guys.

Archived