LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2011 LGT - BNR 20G, EWGs, custom FMIC, Brembos, Recaro

Rick from IAG called today to firm things up with the tune and other work they will be doing. I will be dropping the car off Thursday 8/22 for them to get the install & fab work completed. Jorge will tune the car on Sunday 8/25. This all works out well b/c IAG is about 4.5 hours from me. My brother lives about 1.5 hours from IAG so I'll hang there for a few days. We have a family reunion to go to around Charlottesville on Saturday so I wouldn't be able to pick the car up then anyway and they should have plenty of time to get everything done prior to tuning.

IAG is going to be doing the following:

** sensor install and relocation for speed density

** custom intake

** install PLX gauge with wideband, boost, oil press, and EGT sensors

** alignment

** pre-dyno inspection

** helicoil mounting points on front Brembos - My whole Brembo project was such a pain in the ass that I didn't let the difference in thread pitches from the stock bolts to the calipers stop me...they were going on one way or another! Now time to clean them up so they can be properly torqued down.

Oh yeah, and the AOS should arrive tomorrow.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that the specific 5thgen AOS??? Or universal or 4thgne?

I ordered the 4th gen kit. But when I talked to them a couple weeks ago it sounded as if they were at least using a different mounting bracket to work with the 5th gens. Maybe hoses will be cut appropriately for a 5th gen too...all speculation at this point just based on what the guy said. I'll post tonight once it arrives.

Maybe hoses will be cut appropriately for a 5th gen too...all speculation at this point just based on what the guy said.

Good luck with that. Granted I got the universal kit but my installer just threw out all the hoses that came with it and used new ones. :lol:

Good luck with that. Granted I got the universal kit but my installer just threw out all the hoses that came with it and used new ones. :lol:

I will be surprised if we don't have to cut our own hoses too.

"Looks like"...?....did you request a specific 5thgem application or was the 'this is the best we can do at the moment' piece so that's what they sent?

I did tell them it was for a 5th gen. Maybe they included the extension adapter plate so it would mount correctly to the 5th gen. The kit is a 4th gen kit with hose lengths according to 4th gen spec.

Last piece of the puzzle - Racer X charge pipe is on its way. Should be here Thursday 8/15. I plan on installing just about everything next weekend so I can limp it up to IAG the following week.

Racer X charge pipe showed up today. I am not going to wait another month to reschedule at IAG so I'll just have them modify the pipe off the turbo to fit correctly. Also decided to have them order a set of Whiteline KCA326 rear upper control arm bushings to allow for some camber adjustment for the alignment.

Going to start installing turbo, injectors, fuel pump, EBCS, and AOS tomorrow after work with plans of finishing up Saturday. My trusty mechanic friend is going to take the lead on this one and I'll help out. He's also going to let me borrow his turbo Baja in the mean time. That thing is awesome and I would love to have one.

Fuel pump, injectors, and AOS went in tonight. I mounted the AOS a few days ago so tonight we were just running the hoses and figuring out what we could and could not use out of the 4th gen LGT kit. Have to get a few fittings and some more hose tomorrow morning to make it work. BigBopper's write-up in the sticky thread was a huge help!

Got the limp map from IAG. However, when I loaded it to the AP I got a message saying "This map doesn't match the vehicle the Accessport is installed to. Are you sure you want to copy this file to the Accessport?" Emailed Rick to see what's up so hopefully that gets sorted out so I can at least putz it around town for a few days before heading up there.

Not sure what the issue is with the map but the car is sitting and has not been started since the turbo was installed. Would have been nice to be able to check it for leaks and other issues yesterday but it's out of my hands at this point. Hopefully I'll have a usable map by tomorrow.

Solved the issue with the map, probably a non-issue anway. The limp map is an SD map written in MAF mode so the AP wasn't recognizing it as compatible with my car b/c I had not initiated SD mode on the AP. Once I switched to SD mode with the AP hooked up to the car it flashed successfully.

Now onto another issue. The idle on the map was really rough. After letting it run for a few minutes I decided to take it for a quick spin down the street. It stalled 5 times in about 100 yards. The throttle response is insane and it revs quickly and dies quickly. So yeah, I won't be making it to MD as it currently runs.

Going to have my mechanic friend who helped with the install look it over tomorrow. Mechanically I think it is sound. The only thing we changed that would effect idle and low RPM, out of boost driving would be the injectors. If we have to I may have him swap the stock injectors back in and flash the previous stage 2 map to get it up there. Hopefully that is a viable solution if worst comes to worst.

i wanna see this car in person sometime, granted i dont have the newer gen legacy i still think they look boss. Good luck with yours, hope you get it up to IAG to get it tuned.

I will be heading right through Harrisonburg this week. Maybe on Sunday we could meet up if I'm not coming through too late.

My limp map was either MAF or hybrid. When I got to IAG we removed the maf, installed a block off and switched the electrical connector to pull IAT from the sensor I had put in the IC instead of from the MAF.

I'm guessing we have very similar mods since the options for the 5th gen are limited. Wonder what's different between your limp map and mine....

Maybe see if you can get a non-SD limp map? If you've still got a MAF there's no sense screwing with SD until you get the car to IAG.

I'll talk to the shop today and see about that. I would think it would take a massive leak to cause the car to run as poorly as it did yesterday so I just don't see that as a possibility. We shall see...one way or another I will get it to IAG Thursday morning.

Got a new map. Car idles much better. However, it stalls when I clutch in or shift to neutral to coast to a stop. Hopefully they can touch it up again. I had to go through a short construction zone which was all uphill and stop and go; it must have stalled 5 times.

Silly question... Did you try upping the idle rpm?

Not sure what they changed in the map. Going to have my mechanic give it a once over this afternoon. IAG said the stalling like that is probably indicative of a boost leak. They also recommended pulling the MAF sensor and seeing if it ran better and if so then run it like that. A couple things to consider right now, so we'll see what happens. I think we'll come to a conclusion by the day's end or tomorrow.

Archived