LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2011 LGT - BNR 20G, EWGs, custom FMIC, Brembos, Recaro

I'm inferring you are not a fan of the FX100. What are your main complaints?

Mike from Infamous pointed me in the direction of the FX300 over the ACT HDSS.

Have you considered the FX350? It is made from a different compound that should last longer. Here's a few threads to read though if you have not seen them.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/clutchmasters-fx300-long-term-reviewsi-169845.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cm-fx350-installed-203024p8.html

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pay a lot of attention for the next clutch replacement. They get easier every time. After a couple clutches on my old 240Z, I got so good at it that I could do it in 2 hours from wheels up to wheels down, in the driveway, by myself. And I started doing it for friends too as long as they brought beer and pizza. :lol:

...your pizza will get cold and beer warm changing out this clutch...

• 3 weeks later...
Never replaced a clutch before so I'm getting a friend to help. He is mechanic by day and a highly skilled one at that so he could probably do it with his eyes closed.

I did buy new flywheel bolts but from what I understand the pressure plate is included in the Clutch Masters kit.

I would say chances are slim that I will do a DIY writeup...flat out too lazy. But I will post any pointers that may be unique to the 5th gen or unusual in general.

I meant pressure plate bolts. They are also torque to yield.

FX300 is in. Pedal feel is very stock like. Engagement point is a touch closer to the floor and it grabs a bit quicker than stock. Really pleased with it as I was expecting a much stiffer pedal.

Updated post #1 to include clutch and new sways.

It's certainly not broken in yet but I do like it thus far. I've been easy on it, really just driven it as I normally drive. In general the gearbox feels much more precise during shifts. Some of that may be attributed to the Motul Gear 300 I put in the tranny and rear diff also. Very pleased thus far.

Any news on the turbo?

I talked to Bryan last Monday. He said it would be done end of last week or beginning of this week. I must say its a bit disappointing although I somewhat expected it. I was told a 10 day turnaround when I sent it off and they've had it since May 10.

I also need to hear confirmation from IAG on scheduling the tune and other pre-tune work. I guess they don't firm things up until much closer to the tuning sessions.

I've got not-enough-pictures-blue-balls looking at this thread!

I only have the camera on my phone and its less than stellar. I'll take some pics once more parts go on the car. Might even try to borrow a camera to give you the full effect Rogue.

I only have the camera on my phone and its less than stellar. I'll take some pics once more parts go on the car. Might even try to borrow a camera to give you the full effect Rogue.

Now we're talkin'!

I'm just here for the mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Submitted my pre-order form for RCE struts today.

Turbo still isn't back from BNR yet so tune isn't going to happen next week as originally planned. Also Crawford won't be shipping AOS for another couple weeks as they are waiting for some more brackets to come in. Might as well just wait for the Racer X charge pipe to come also. I put down my deposit earlier in the week. Hopefully shooting for end of July for tune, or worst case scenario end of August.

• 2 weeks later...

Bilstein struts are now installed. In summary, they are a game changer. Blacks on stock struts were a nice improvement but nothing in comparison to the struts.

Turbo is still sitting at BNR. The machine shop they use hasn't been able to machine the correct size adapter plate in two months. Looking forward to when they finally remove their heads from their asses. At this rate I doubt I'll get everything installed and tuned by the end of this month. Maybe end of August will be more promising...beyond frustrated at this point.

Bilstein struts are now installed. In summary, they are a game changer. Blacks on stock struts were a nice improvement but nothing in comparison to the struts.

Turbo is still sitting at BNR. The machine shop they use hasn't been able to machine the correct size adapter plate in two months. Looking forward to when they finally remove their heads from their asses. At this rate I doubt I'll get everything installed and tuned by the end of this month. Maybe end of August will be more promising...beyond frustrated at this point.

You're not missing much. Mine just sits in the garage collecting dust since it rains every day now. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Good news in two departments today. First and foremost, my 20G shipped from BNR after delays upon delays. Bryan helped me out some on the final price so all is well on that front.

Secondly, I called Crawford to ask about the AOS from the group buy. The brackets are now in and the AOS's are being fabbed this week and shipping out next week. It sounded like they may be sending out a 5th gen specific kit. Or at least providing a better mounting solution for the 4th gen kit to install on the 5th gen. Will have to see when it gets here.

Got tracking info on the AOS via email from Crawford today. The Racer X charge pipe is the last piece of the puzzle and Bryan expects to ship them out next week. Things are looking good for the next tuning session at IAG August 23-25.

Archived