LegacyGT.com

The Goals Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
I got into the Marine Corp Marathon.

Nice. that was our first marathon... One of my favorites. It was also the first time I saw dc. Great experience.

We ended up doing it again a few years later. You'll love it. Very humbling.

Nice. that was our first marathon... One of my favorites. It was also the first time I saw dc. Great experience.

We ended up doing it again a few years later. You'll love it. Very humbling.

Its 2 weeks after Chicago :eek::eek::eek::spin::spin::lol:

its been about 3 weeks since i decided to give it a try at giving up Soda. Been mostly water except for Sunday when i had a small sprite. Didn't finish it but it was still a Soda. :/

Good for you. Just passed my one year anniversary. It gets a lot easier a month or two in. Now if I have a sip I think it tastes awful.

I've started feeling refreshed actually. I am loosing weight. Been eating steamed veggies for Lunch daily. Usually with grilled chicken. It's hard but it's gotten a little easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost a ton of weight (230 down to 155) using the Fit for Life" plan. Continued it while also training for a triathlon.

Book is by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond. There's a FfL2, but the original FfL is really good enough IMO.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

WOW SBT That is a ton of weight indeed! How tall are you? The highest I've been is 245, the lowest since high school was 205. At 205 I felt pretty lean and didn't want to lose any more. at 245 I feel bloated and way too jiggly to be comfortable. I can't even imagine getting below 180.

Started Hammer and Chisel last night. Goal? Maintain weight but get more definition, muscle-y looking. And to get to eat more. Without reducing my alcohol consumption. :cool:

Funny thing is I usually workout in the mornings, but ended up starting at 10pm after the kids went to sleep and 3 drinks in. Enjoyed it! And suprisingly, this mornings workout was pretty good, too.

WOW SBT That is a ton of weight indeed! How tall are you? The highest I've been is 245, the lowest since high school was 205. At 205 I felt pretty lean and didn't want to lose any more. at 245 I feel bloated and way too jiggly to be comfortable. I can't even imagine getting below 180.

6'. And this weight loss was over a year period. Diet coupled with exercise. Upper M-W-F, Lower T-TH-S and a mile swim everyday. Sundays off from any workout.

6'. And this weight loss was over a year period. Diet coupled with exercise. Upper M-W-F, Lower T-TH-S and a mile swim everyday. Sundays off from any workout.

nice, I'm 6' as well I guess just a different build than you. I guess you are pretty cut now.

I thought I was doing good being down 37 lbs since beginning of year. :) Only another 30 lbs to go! The secret to my success is the Health Canada Food Guide and an hour of cardio a day for five days a week. If the weather would just warm up I'd get out on my bike and burn some more fat.

nice, I'm 6' as well I guess just a different build than you. I guess you are pretty cut now.

I was :spin: 46" chest, 30" waist and everything ripped. I've had a year of relocation, limited exercise, coupled with less than healthy "southern" foods. But I'm getting the pool out of hibernation and should be swimming again by the end of the month. Between that and working around the homestead, I expect to get back into shape pretty quickly. *fingers crossed*

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on cutting some fat.

I'm 5' 9"....bulked up from 145 to a peak of 177, which I hit ~2 weeks ago. I was probably ~15% body fat to start, and ~20% at 177. I figure I've gained around 20 lbs of muscle plus 10 lbs of fat.

Have already dropped down to low 170s, and can see the difference in my stomach. Want to get down to 155-160, which should put me around 10% body fat.

Bought a smart scale on Amazon to help out with this. Thought about dropping the $$$ for a fitbit wifi scale, but couldn't justify it. Bought this one instead: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/GoWISE-USA-approved-Measures-Capacity/dp/B00CZPF5L2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00]Amazon.com: GoWISE USA Body Fat Scale with FDA approved- Measures Weight, Body Fat, Water, & Bone Mass 400 Lbs Capacity Tempered Glass (Black): Home & Kitchen[/ame]

Figured I can just manually log the stuff to my fitbit account.

I'm working on cutting some fat.

I'm 5' 9"....bulked up from 145 to a peak of 177, which I hit ~2 weeks ago. I was probably ~15% body fat to start, and ~20% at 177. I figure I've gained around 20 lbs of muscle plus 10 lbs of fat.

Have already dropped down to low 170s, and can see the difference in my stomach. Want to get down to 155-160, which should put me around 10% body fat.

Bought a smart scale on Amazon to help out with this. Thought about dropping the $$$ for a fitbit wifi scale, but couldn't justify it. Bought this one instead: Amazon.com: GoWISE USA Body Fat Scale with FDA approved- Measures Weight, Body Fat, Water, & Bone Mass 400 Lbs Capacity Tempered Glass (Black): Home & Kitchen

Figured I can just manually log the stuff to my fitbit account.

I'm using a similar scale: http://amzn.com/B004L6NTHU

I figure it's only measuring fat in the legs, since that's the path the electrical signal takes. I went from 19% down to a low of 9.8% in February. At that 10% number I am guessing I'm really 12-15%, since my legs run lean, and I can't see my abs :spin: .

I think it really helps to have the body fat percentage number, even if it's inaccurate. I can swing 3-4 lbs based on food and hydration, even when measuring same time every morning. Combining the weight, body fat %, tape measure and the mirror, helps track progress and stay sane.

Started Hammer and Chisel last night. Goal? Maintain weight but get more definition, muscle-y looking. And to get to eat more. Without reducing my alcohol consumption. :cool:

Middle of week three of the Hammer and Chisel. Scale is holding steady, while eating more. I'm eating a bit cleaner, choosing extra veggies instead of a little bit of processed carbs at dinner. I can see a little bit more definition in my abs, chest and arms. Some of the workouts feel too short, some too brutal. Still many workouts haven't come up yet, so I can't really review. Maybe they are just getting warmed up. :eek:

The whole time I keep wondering if I should have tried Body Beast instead. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
For the first time in a long time, I'm making a change. Baby steps, but I'm down 8.8 lbs in 2 weeks. (and back up .5 this AM) I have a long, long, long way to go, but I've doubled my steps and my stairs in the last 2 weeks, and cut back on calories and wine.

Haven't been under 12% body fat for probably a good 15 years now as I have always focused on strength and size so decided in two months before vacationing to the outer banks to drop from 14.85% to 10.82%. Only change made to diet was lowering calories and not killing ice cream before bed every night, well cheated a few times. Haven't been this vascular in a while!! I feel great too with a ton of energy.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160507/8919ad8b3451d8c900889bf5621a1edf.jpg

Archived