LegacyGT.com

The Goals Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Running, without stopping - any distance over a few hundred feet - is an accomplishment. Keep pressing, you're making solid progress.

Before you know it you'll be running 2 miles and more.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Walked 2.99 miles after work, in 100F heat. As of this morning, down 17.8 lbs. Can't wait to see the scale in the morning, although the wine tonight isn't helping!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did three end-to-end hikes across the house today. Only stopped once to let the dog cross. He doesn't appreciate how dangerous crutches can be... :lol:

Walked 2.99 miles after work, in 100F heat. As of this morning, down 17.8 lbs. Can't wait to see the scale in the morning, although the wine tonight isn't helping!

Sometimes the drinking will dehydrate you and the scale in the morning rewards you!

3 miles. Say it!!!!

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations - that's steady and amazing progress. Every step, every stroke, every conscious decision to eat less and/or differently, has contributed.

But the main factor, was you, your dilligence and your persistence. I'm confident you haven't yet seen all the fruit of your efforts. Well done and keep up the great work.

• 2 weeks later...

UGH stuck at 22.8 for a week now. Pretty frustrating. Been moving way more than normal, all week. Vacation this week, so not sure much will be lost, but we will hike and swim, and eat well at camp.

Update:

Massive switcharoo...

About a month ago I:

Started Strong Lifts 5x5: http://stronglifts.com/5x5

Bought a squat/bench rack at wally world for under $90 and am very happy with it.

Started at the uber beginner "45lb Oly bar" level to work on form. I'm using a skinny 20lb wally world 7' bar, and loading to to 45. No complaints on that so far.

Following the protocol, I've already dead lifted more than my body weight. Squatting more than I ever could using dumbbells and Tbars. Benching more than ever. None of the numbers are epic, but then I'm a small guy. SQ: 105, DL: 145, Bench: 75, OHP: 70, Row: 95.

Diet wise, I switched to Keto. Yes, like Atkins. Max of 20-25g net carbs, then moderate protein and high fat. Following the KetoGains calculator, with some mild cheating/experimenting along the way. Coming from a low fat life style since... forever, it's a crazy... crazy change for me. But i'm starting week 7, and I think I am finally "fat adapted". It takes 4-8 weeks, so it's worthless to try for a month or less. Hasn't been easy and the jury is still out. I'm down 12 pounds though, when on my previous diet(s) i was stalled out.

Going on a 7 day cruise at the end of August. That's the target. Don't know yet if I am going to stick with keto or not. Transitioning in and out can make you feel like isht, so it's a serious issue...

Keto is working... I'm just starting to see my top set of abs... And I'm feeling stronger than I ever. ever. ever ever have. I look forward to my SL 5x5 workouts!

• 2 weeks later...
Loving the Strong Lifts... I am so surprised to find myself feeling like getting up early before my alarm goes off. Squatted more than I weigh today... 5x5, so 25 reps total. but just failed one set of bench press @ 90 this morning.... grrr, so close to benching 100lbs. that's my next motivational mile stone.

23.8 down. Been stagnant a while, but exercising virtually every day now. Still too much wine, but everything else is good. Enjoying riding my new bike, though the BWI trail kicked my a$$ last week (just under 12 miles). Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Update:

Massive switcharoo...

About a month ago I:

Started Strong Lifts 5x5: http://stronglifts.com/5x5

Bought a squat/bench rack at wally world for under $90 and am very happy with it.

Started at the uber beginner "45lb Oly bar" level to work on form. I'm using a skinny 20lb wally world 7' bar, and loading to to 45. No complaints on that so far.

Following the protocol, I've already dead lifted more than my body weight. Squatting more than I ever could using dumbbells and Tbars. Benching more than ever. None of the numbers are epic, but then I'm a small guy. SQ: 105, DL: 145, Bench: 75, OHP: 70, Row: 95.

Diet wise, I switched to Keto. Yes, like Atkins. Max of 20-25g net carbs, then moderate protein and high fat. Following the KetoGains calculator, with some mild cheating/experimenting along the way. Coming from a low fat life style since... forever, it's a crazy... crazy change for me. But i'm starting week 7, and I think I am finally "fat adapted". It takes 4-8 weeks, so it's worthless to try for a month or less. Hasn't been easy and the jury is still out. I'm down 12 pounds though, when on my previous diet(s) i was stalled out.

Going on a 7 day cruise at the end of August. That's the target. Don't know yet if I am going to stick with keto or not. Transitioning in and out can make you feel like isht, so it's a serious issue...

Keto is working... I'm just starting to see my top set of abs... And I'm feeling stronger than I ever. ever. ever ever have. I look forward to my SL 5x5 workouts!

I'm almost doing the same thing but with a little higher protein count. I'm down 10lbs (water) in 7 days. My dad got completely off his diabetes medication after 6 weeks on this diet.

Archived