LegacyGT.com

The Goals Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted this in the fitbit thread, but a week in wearing a Jawbone Up24 and liking it. Not walking near as far as you Box, but a mile a day at lunch is better than the sitting on my ass I usually do. 5 days straight. And, I think my buddy was drunk when talking about the 5K and never brought it up again. Maybe in the spring. My kid is running a mini triathlon on Sunday. I wanna grow up and be just like her.

A 5k is about 3 miles. Nothing says you can't walk it. A couple of years back I talked my in-laws into doing a 5k. About half went because the race ticket included a free liter of beer at the end. Nearly all walked. My nephew who never wanted to compete in anything ran the whole thing and missed first place in age group by 2 seconds.

You never know until you try it. Go to one and walk it. Then you'll know how much improvement you have made in 6 months, when you find you can run the whole thing. Pretty wicked cool feeling.

Posted this in the fitbit thread, but a week in wearing a Jawbone Up24 and liking it. Not walking near as far as you Box, but a mile a day at lunch is better than the sitting on my ass I usually do. 5 days straight. And, I think my buddy was drunk when talking about the 5K and never brought it up again. Maybe in the spring. My kid is running a mini triathlon on Sunday. I wanna grow up and be just like her.

She swimming and biking too? Or just doing the running leg?

She swimming and biking too? Or just doing the running leg?

The whole gig. Using my bike... but it's a mini, so 250 meter swim, then 2 mile run, then 9 mile bike. Easy enough, but still a challenge to do the transitions and then the hills in Charlotte... I'm super proud she's doing it. And if I can find one locally, similar distance, with the swim in a pool, I'd do it too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good luck finding one with a pool swim! Lol

We used to do the sprint tri's all the time. The run was always a 3 miler though. They had them every Thursday night, all summer. The bike was a trail ride too.

They have so many versions nowadays. They are really fun though!

Good luck finding one with a pool swim! Lol

We used to do the sprint tri's all the time. The run was always a 3 miler though. They had them every Thursday night, all summer. The bike was a trail ride too.

They have so many versions nowadays. They are really fun though!

The one P is doing is a pool swim, though it may be a 3 mile run. IDK. I think I could do it with a pool swim. I'd suck at it though!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back on primal diet after a week of vacation. Looks like it's paleo or primal only for me. To many side effects/symptoms from normal American fare. Oddly, no GI issues to speak of really. Joint pain, skin, itching.

Now I need to get back to working out ANY. Work and projects overtook everything prior to vacation. Now a ton of catch up that I'm back.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

I did a mud run a few years ago and would like to do that again this coming spring! It was a blast. I've gained about 15lbs since I did that and I think if I can lose at least 10% of my current body weight (23 lbs) I would do much better than I did before. I started this week with a walk in the morning both mon-tues and a solid lower-body workout yesterday. Gonna hit the upper-body tomorrow with my buddy, then whole body after work on Friday. If I can get into a rhythm with it plus the daily walks or runs, I suspect I will reach my goal by the end of the year.

• 3 weeks later...

I signed up for a Gold's Gym a couple of weeks aog. Was going to a smaller place called Fit Gym before I moved into Baltimore.

Fit Gym only had 1 power rack most of the time I was there (they added a second late this summer), and it was always being used by people doing bent over rows, shoulder presses, curls, etc. So, I ended up doing leg presses instead of squats, and not doing dead lifts at all.

Gold's has 2 squat racks, a power rack, and a couple spare barbells on the ground.

Did some squats and deadlifts last week for the first time in months. Feels good, especially the deadlifts.

I'm also trying to make this stretching routine one of my daily habits:

http://q.equinox.com/articles/2013/04/worlds-greatest-stretch

Finished the marathon, not the time I wanted but still a very respectable time. Need to focus ok hydration for the next one. Started cramping after 20 miles and needed to slow things way down.

I will be back!

Archived