LegacyGT.com

A different trailer hitch option

allright so i test fitted on my legacy sedan.

1" to low .. doh! no problem.. removed one inch with portable band saw reinstalled ! and looks pretty good. i did not install the reciever tubing as its not as much as an unknown as the rest is.

will adjust drawings and make another prototype.

have a look at the photos.

IMG_3697.thumb.jpg.eb6c8cab4c5b49b722541eef700f515f.jpg

IMG_3698.thumb.jpg.6f438f4deb947c1b2a832da31219431a.jpg

IMG_3700.thumb.jpg.9eb3840f7838dac01343f3ea6df856a6.jpg

IMG_3717.thumb.jpg.f537833b80c19c3fd03b75c24ce0b939.jpg

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there appears to be a slight down side. the bottom of the bumper cover looks like it will be a it lower to clear the hitch.

does this bother anyone?

^in this photo you can see the side plate touching the bumper cover.

i will cut that corner off the laser cut drawing but it may be touching and perhaps push down on the bumper cover.

IMG_3708.thumb.jpg.25514d03cca4d9ae41c4b10133c259f3.jpg

^ towards the front of the car?

it about 3/8" from the bumper, it cant go further ahead because it will but the end pan ( just above the tow hook )

Hard to tell from that pic. How about a shot from outside of the bumper, showing the cover being pushed out/down? Seems like trimming it would help. Maybe angle it to match the bumper contour. Anyhow, thanks for all the work you're putting into this. I'm in for the final product. Even with minor cosmetic flaws like that, it's a significant improvement functionally over the alternatives.

When can we order!

When the design is final and production set it completed :)

hey frank, will u still make them for us guys in Canada to avoid paying duties and higher shipping costs ?

Talked with Frank about this, and I will be pursuing this idea of having a company in Canada manufacture some for the Canadian market, and the drop ship them to customers. Details of this are in progress. It is a strong possibility with Frank's knowledge of the CNC and welding community in Quebec.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

made a new revision to the lasercut pattern, 1" less total height

and took the lower corner of to interfere as little as possible with the bumper cover.

1451278889_hitchpic.thumb.jpg.c8d4cd7895bcae820e482586e37f6824.jpg

If it fits as good or better/stronger (which is what I always expect knowing Frank's penchant for "perfect", "overbuilt", and "awesome") than the OEM Subaru one, then I'll be ordering one as well.

Somewhat frustrated that the USDM OEM one is only 1.25" receiver, where ROW and most hitch "attachments" are 2.0" receiver so if this sits at or above the 1.25" receiver mount... I'm definitely interested in seeing this comes together.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Looks very nice. I have always heard trailers on turbo cars is a bad mix. But id only haul small stuff. wood and other home improvement items. I have a 4X10 single wheel dump trailer. Something like this mine has a 2x6 plank bottom. not very heavy .http://www.superiortrailersofga.com/4x8.jpg

• I Donated
Looks very nice. I have always heard trailers on turbo cars is a bad mix. But id only haul small stuff. wood and other home improvement items. I have a 4X10 single wheel dump trailer. Something like this mine has a 2x6 plank bottom. not very heavy .http://www.superiortrailersofga.com/4x8.jpg

I should get this trailer hitch and get a trailer like that instead of buying a historic-tagged pickup!

Only problem is, where would I park it?

• Moderators
Not enough parking on the street. I'm on a cul-de-sac and two of my neighbors have 5 cars each. :spin: I might conceivably be able to park it in an out-of-the-way place at work.

If it were me and that was the case I'd be asking nicely for them to help you out in order to make room. You're neighbors now, may as well start working stuff out. Or just park it at work :)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived