LegacyGT.com

A different trailer hitch option

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

frank, let me know when you are ready to sell this hitch. I would really like one on my wagon so I don't have to take apart my mtb to load it, but the current selection in the market are ugly and hang too low. I don't mind trimming the bumper a bit

take your time though as riding time is limited now that winter is around the corner

I might be interested in a hitch designed to use one of these by design: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000BROATE/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1377360188&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX110_SY165]CURT Manufacturing 45791 2" Receiver Extender:Amazon:Automotive[/ame]

The hitch itself would dang near disappear when the extension wasn't installed...

and this is what i have come up with.

going to make one of these and see how it fits.

Looks fine. I just wonder if the receiver could be mounted below the crossmember and use a rectangular shaped crossmember for more strength.

The point is that if the receiver is open in both ends it's less prone to collect dirt.

But of course - there may be other restrictions prohibiting that solution.

453747.png

Any ballpark idea on cost? I have a "Hidden Hitch" on my OBXT that isn't hidden at all, I assume I could sell it easily enough. FWIW, I just shipped a 55lb. box of fully assembled struts/shocks from AZ to OR for just under $40. Less than I thought it would be...

Thanks, Doug

i'm leaning towards about 200$ . its a low volume item and added features of not dragging on the ground at every speed bump and or other things!.

does that sound reasonable ?

looks like orders to united states the hitch will be made in texas and shipped from there. the canadian / oversees orders would be made in montreal. so your supporting local business and not china !

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

i'm leaning towards about 200$ . its a low volume item and added features of not dragging on the ground at every speed bump and or other things!.

looks like orders to united states the hitch will be made in texas and shipped from there. the canadian / oversees orders would be made in montreal. so your supporting local business and not china !

$200 sounds reasonable to me. As soon as they are ready Ill order one.

i'm leaning towards about 200$ . its a low volume item and added features of not dragging on the ground at every speed bump and or other things!

Dumb question, but would that be just the hitch or shipped?

Thanks again, Doug

Dumb question, but would that be just the hitch or shipped?

Thanks again, Doug

etrailer sells the hidden hitch (what I currently have) for $188+free shipping. Given that this is a low volume item I would imagine it would be $200+shipping. So maybe $250 total, which imo is very reasonable.

Hi everyone,

Just wrapping up a much-needed week of vacation, so sorry for the delay.

Frank and I have worked out a deal that I will be overseeing the broader manufacturing and vending of these hitches. Frank will continue to design and test, toward a completed product, which can then be reproduced via laser cut CAD file and a professional welder here in Texas to get things started.

In summary, this does not really change anything for the end user. It's just specifics of the production and supply chain, which this good forum requires we disclose.

Thank you.

Please post any questions.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived