LegacyGT.com

A different trailer hitch option

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
am i the only one that just went ahead and bought a truck? lol

We sold both of our 4th gens, bought a 16 Outback and a 07 Explorer. Both of them have great hitch options :lol:

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

• 3 weeks later...
My apology everyone, I ended up not able to complete this project of doing the mild redesign of this hitch that Frankster originally developed. I do not know whether anyone else wants to pick it up. If they do, I imagine Frankster would love to help, and I would happily turn over a few design ideas as well. Sorry again for the letdown on this.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Seeing as a production version of this looks to be dead. Would it be possible to get the drawings to make our own?

What was the final issue? It looks like the side brackets cleared the stock muffler hangers. Can I assume the concern was with aftermarket mufflers?

• 3 months later...
Seeing as a production version of this looks to be dead. Would it be possible to get the drawings to make our own?

What was the final issue? It looks like the side brackets cleared the stock muffler hangers. Can I assume the concern was with aftermarket mufflers?

I'd be interested in this as well. The designs and prototypes looked great and light hauling is all I had in mind.

Just can't bring myself to install a Drawtite or Curt hitch that hangs down so low...

• 10 months later...
  • I Donated
I just installed a Drawtite hitch and it drags on everything, either I have to cut it up and mod it or build something from scratch. Any ideas ?
Put the piece that bolts to the tow hook above rather than below the hook. You won't be able to bolt it but it will be plenty secure. I found that I rarely had issues with it installed that way.

I picked up an OEM one but I believe that supposed to be the highest hitch besides this one.

Depends if its an early or late version draw tite/hidden hitch.

Later design that hangs lower, and the one currently available

Earlier design, not available anymore

There are more pictures out there. From my research the OEM subaru is the closest to the bumper, followed closely by the earlier draw tite/hidden hitch. With the later draw tite/hidden hitch being much lower than the other two.

Finally got around to get an OB hitch w/ Gussets on, definitely sits higher than the mufflers.

When you have a moment, would you please shoot me a PM with the P/Ns for the Gussets. I had it written down in my notes and can't find it. Want to put those on as well. TIA.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

When you have a moment, would you please shoot me a PM with the P/Ns for the Gussets. I had it written down in my notes and can't find it. Want to put those on as well. TIA.

7523845.gif

20 Gusset P/N

50825AG10A

50825AG11A

21 Gusset Pilot Bolt (You need two, they go closest to the bumper)

Not following what these gussets will do for the mount height of the hitch.

Doesn't do anything for height. They're actually there for hitch strength as this hitch is only intended for Outbacks which already have those gussets installed.

• 1 month later...
Finally got around to get an OB hitch w/ Gussets on, definitely sits higher than the mufflers.

Yes. But put the reviver in and put a trailer on !

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived