LegacyGT.com

A different trailer hitch option

Frank has ironed out production and has distribution figured out. I am going to confirm a few details with Frank and then get the group buy up and running on here. Stay tuned. Please feel free to email me at hexmods(at)gmail(dot)com.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: Frank and I had a talk and neither of us are prepared for fitment to be off of his desired outcome, even by a little. You might think it's cut and dry, but both of us (and many of you) have enough experience with aftermarket parts to know that correct fitment is THE challenge. Heck, Full Race and Tig Werks are two examples of operators who quadruple their product-to-market time in the name of perfect fitment, and it makes all the difference. So Frank has shipped me (Montreal to Dallas) another pre-production set of laser cut hitch plates for me to test fit. Once he sees my photos and hears my feedback, we should know exactly where we stand. They are scheduled to arrive on the 15th now, so I will be fitting them up next week when time permits.

Please feel free to email me at hexmods(at)gmail(dot)com and I will save your email address for notification when the product is ready for orders. Thank you to those who have already done so.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

What's the ballpark pricing going to be? I want to make sure I am ready for it when it comes out.

So much of it depends on complexity of getting them through customs, size of first group buy, individual package specs for shipping direct to customers, etc.

Figure $250-$300 shipped, but could be a good bit more or good bit less. TBD.

• 1 month later...
Bump, for tentative updates on timing / test fitting of the laser cut plates.

I fitted up a set of plates on Thursday, but need to swap on exhausts to get a very clear idea of whether this iteration gets the green light. The limitation is of course the rear-most exhaust hanger. It is a very frustrating design constraint, but one that will be resolved.

• 1 month later...
I fitted up a set of plates on Thursday, but need to swap on exhausts to get a very clear idea of whether this iteration gets the green light. The limitation is of course the rear-most exhaust hanger. It is a very frustrating design constraint, but one that will be resolved.

For what it's worth - In another car group I'm a part of, they were facing a similar problem... the solution was eventually to require the customer to chop off the exhaust hangar altogether, and integrate a new one into the plate on that side... A slight amount of added installation complexity, but one which the community was fine with, and allowed for a much stronger/ easy to fit final product.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

• 1 month later...
Bump for any updates

I am actually returning to this project next week, will post updates. Going to try a different fitment approach where the brackets cross the muffler mounts.

Archived