LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Legacy today? [PNW Edition]

tpeterson4237

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slated for tomorrow.

Removing the Outback steering rack and installing the Legacy rack

Remove the sunroof assembly from the parts car and install it into the Outback, then glue the parts car shut

Install the new Koyo radiator and OEM hoses into the Outback

After that, it's wrapping the headliner in suede so it can be installed, finish installing the interior and get the JDM rear glass and wiper installed.

The 90 LS gets a new windshield next weekend, a good cleaning and it'll be up for sale.

The 99 GT still needs a new circuit board for the speedo head and needs the new HVAC controller installed. It wilL eventually go up for sale too.

Slated for tomorrow.

Removing the Outback steering rack and installing the Legacy rack

Remove the sunroof assembly from the parts car and install it into the Outback, then glue the parts car shut

Install the new Koyo radiator and OEM hoses into the Outback

After that, it's wrapping the headliner in suede so it can be installed, finish installing the interior and get the JDM rear glass and wiper installed.

The 90 LS gets a new windshield next weekend, a good cleaning and it'll be up for sale.

The 99 GT still needs a new circuit board for the speedo head and needs the new HVAC controller installed. It wilL eventually go up for sale too.

i found moss on mine. i really need to give it some love...

I've been pulling weeds out of the top of the window rails on my wagon...

Otherwise, I spent part of the day trying to find out what the thread pitch is for the flared fitting on the turbo oil supply line. I think it's M12x1. McClendon's bolt selection only goes down to M12x1.25. So I have a bolt coming in special at the Fiat shop.

Then it turns out there's a Tacoma Screw in Kent that I should have gone to in the first place! :rolleyes: I might still have to go down there on Monday to see if they have anything for maybe fixing these threads.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

The M12x1.00 bolt threads nicely into the flared nut. So much so that it sorta chased the threads. However, it still didn't wanna go on to the fitting. So I guess I will be going down to Tacoma Screw on Monday to get the die to chase the threads on the fitting. Hopefully she'll be up and running by the holiday.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

I've been pulling weeds out of the top of the window rails on my wagon...

Otherwise, I spent part of the day trying to find out what the thread pitch is for the flared fitting on the turbo oil supply line. I think it's M12x1. McClendon's bolt selection only goes down to M12x1.25. So I have a bolt coming in special at the Fiat shop.

Then it turns out there's a Tacoma Screw in Kent that I should have gone to in the first place! :rolleyes: I might still have to go down there on Monday to see if they have anything for maybe fixing these threads.

SC

PM m.sprank. He had to have caps custom machined to fit the turbo supply line and would know the thread pitch and diameter.

Yesterday, with the help of my wife, we were able to get the sunroof removed from her car, the parts car and her old one reinstalled into the parts car. She had to leave for a get together, so I stayed and swapped in the Legacy steering rack, and a new radiator with 3.0R upper hoses.

Heading back to the shop to install the new sunroof and drive the car home. This week, I get to align it and get the snow tires mounted. Back to daily driver status after that.

PM m.sprank. He had to have caps custom machined to fit the turbo supply line and would know the thread pitch and diameter.

They are M12x1.00. I just need to pick up a die on Monday.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Was able to get the "new" sunroof assembly in on Sunday but it turned out to be junk. Pulled our old one from the parts car, swapped the glass around (old glass, "new" assembly) and reinstalled in the parts car. Then, installed the old assembly and the new glass into the car. Now it needs to rain real good again.

Also, got the alignment done yesterday. It drives like a new car now. Time for some tire work and to get the powdercoating done on the 09 WRX 17s still....

Of course, I plan my turbo swap and upgrade to stage 2 for six months. Finish just to have a foot long crack to appear in my windshield 2 days after. If its not one thing with this friggin car.

At least I have boost back.

I've been detailing my 2011 Legacy for several days to get it ready to sell. Just picked up a new Outback Touring, so I have to part with it. Car is in Bend, if anyone knows anyone looking. 83k. Runs perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Future work on wagon this week. Going to Thunderhill as crew to see what it takes to run 25 hours of Thunderhill. The crew I'm working with has been helping me figure out what mods are next for the wagon after the engine is done.

Most comments center around "put an engine in and run it as it doesnt need anything else". :-)

Installed a torx racing TMIC, burped the cooling system after the turbo install, added a gasket to the midpipe to cat back connection, and adjusted the headlights.

Took a timelapse:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=mwpSTGxSODM]Timelapse of an intercooler install on a Subaru. - YouTube[/ame]

Opened the door and picked up the box of GroupN parts from Heuberger, and noticed how cold it is and went back inside.

However, yesterday I met up with Gex and picked up his partial oil line kit. So I think I need to look for a 1/4 to -4 compression fitting/adapter.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Installed a torx racing TMIC, burped the cooling system after the turbo install, added a gasket to the midpipe to cat back connection, and adjusted the headlights.

Took a timelapse:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mwpSTGxSODM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwpSTGxSODM]Timelapse of an intercooler install on a Subaru. - YouTube[/ame]

Archived