LegacyGT.com

1-touch sunroof close and more

mikeyd

Have you tried the other features like tilted up -> open and opened -> tilt up?

It's been a few days, and I've been testing it, as it has been beautiful here in Colorado...... at least until it freezes this weekend. All the functions work as stated in the manual. My favorite feature is auto-close, which has proven useful to me. The install wasn't too hard, but took a couple hours, as I took my time. I borrowed a really nice soldering iron from work (Metcal) and it is of the pen type. As previously mentioned, put solder on both ends (tin), and then attach them together.

If you're having issues with it stopping, check your motor connections. I had issues with mine, and the problem turned out to be the connector from the motor wires, to the main harness.

This is a great product. Thanks for all your hard work Mike.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, I got it installed. From full-open to tilted up wouldn't go all the way 100%, it would sometimes need to be pressed again... Need to re-read the user manual to make sure I'm using it right

I assume you mean it's not tilting up all the way. If thats the case and everything else works, then Dade said it, sounds like your motor connection (probably motor connection 2) is not making contact. If you soldered, check that 2-pin connector to see that it is fully seated. If it appears to be, try jumping the green wire to ensure its connection and re-try.

Thanks Dade for the compliment, I'm glad you like it!

Guys, everything is working fine.

Going from fully open to tilted up, you need to let go of the button as soon as it beeps. If you keep pressing tilt up for a little bit, the roof will close to the first step only. If you hold it longer than that, the roof will do nothing.

It might be different in other years? Mine is 2008.

Also, I don't agree with the part in the instructions where it says: "The hard part is done"... that was actually the easiest part for me :)

I used the instructions that were printed with the module, didn't check online if it was updated, but you might want to add this:

- Unplug the battery! I managed to acceidentally bridge a wire from the 12V constant to the ground up there, the wire went red and the fuse didn't break.

- On my 2008, the third clip on the motor casing, the one towards the back of the car, is hidden by 1 inch or more of headliner. I had to remove the motor, it wasn't that hard to put back after. I had to made sure the teeth were aligned, if they're not it won't go in.

The hard part for me was the other wiring, see attached picture... Took me about 1.5 hours to do that :)

Overall, works great, nice workmanship on the module! It looks really professional.

Thanks for doing it, one more annoyance fixed :)

ATT69582.thumb.jpg.570a53f57b95cecb7004c7888885bc87.jpg

I used the instructions that were printed with the module, didn't check online if it was updated, but you might want to add this:

- Unplug the battery! I managed to acceidentally bridge a wire from the 12V constant to the ground up there, the wire went red and the fuse didn't break.

Yes its always good todo if your uncomfortable with the space you have to work your tools in. I personally never do that in my many years of doing 12v installs. Why your fuse would not blow in that case is a good question, wow. I believe on mine i was able to pull the wire harness out a bit giving it some slack to work with.

- On my 2008, the third clip on the motor casing, the one towards the back of the car, is hidden by 1 inch or more of headliner. I had to remove the motor, it wasn't that hard to put back after. I had to made sure the teeth were aligned, if they're not it won't go in.

The rear clip was behind the headliner on mine as well but I just tugged down on the headliner when needed and that made it much easier.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoy it.

help with wiring, my wires look different 08 LGT. there are 2 other harness but those are not the ones (passenger seat belt light and map light - 2 wires)

picture is the bottom of the connects - viewed when looking up to the sunroof controls

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt49/underground000/62A9E41C-5654-45AC-AFA3-60C0E89954D9-756-00000109A4B7DE4F.jpg

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

no it works just like the instructions said

i'm just used to holding my hand up waiting for the second press to close:lol: I know i'm going to forget that i can open it when it's tilted up and vise versa

auto close ignition off is a cool feature but i dont know how much it'll apply to me since i have to wait to roll up all the windows anyways

now i'm thinking auto close for windows when ignition off:)

great product another happy customer:)

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

now i'm thinking auto close for windows when ignition off:)

Hey just an FYI, there is a module made for this already. You need a DEI 530T, which closes two windows. You would need two units to close all four windows. You can buy them here. There's even a guy here on the forum who makes a unit to control these 530T units from your factory remote.

Yeeah I've had a few of those in my garage for a while, too lazy to put them in. I mentioned this when it came up way earlier in this thread or another, any solution I'd make would either make it easier to do in (rather then go into each door) or just tie them together slickly. I gotta check out the second thread you mentioned.

Ok having problems...

First off let me say it was fairly easy to do. Instructions were clear and to the point but… the new functions are not working.

The sunroof operates as it did before.

When pressing close, the glass did not close all the way; still stops in the mid point.

It does not close when the ignition is turned off when the sunroof is open or tilted.

When the glass is tilted up and I press and hold the “open” it beeps and the LED lights up but no movement.

When the glass is open and the tilted up position is wanted nothing happens. No beep, LED action or movement.

I did solder all wires and did the tug test to make sure they are going to stay put. I double checked all wires and connections.

Thoughts?

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Ok this is wierd... I had to go get a beverage and when I hit the closed button it closed all the way by it's self!

BUT if the car is not running it will stop at the mid point and require you to push the button again. And the auto closed when the ignition is turned off and the tilted open when open does not work still.

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Ok having problems...

First off let me say it was fairly easy to do. Instructions were clear and to the point but… the new functions are not working.

The sunroof operates as it did before.

When pressing close, the glass did not close all the way; still stops in the mid point.

It does not close when the ignition is turned off when the sunroof is open or tilted.

When the glass is tilted up and I press and hold the “open” it beeps and the LED lights up but no movement.

When the glass is open and the tilted up position is wanted nothing happens. No beep, LED action or movement.

I did solder all wires and did the tug test to make sure they are going to stay put. I double checked all wires and connections.

Thoughts?

I have the same exact problem as your having here.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

SATYSFD, WindyRoad: That is rather interesting, all my testing was done with car off. But just to confirm... Things work properly when car is running, but not when its off? Do either of you have a multimeter/voltmeter you could use to test your battery voltage while car is off (but with ignition on)?

PeteCool, Dade, Underground000: Yours works fine running or not correct?

Mine works great, both with motor running and with motor off. From the sounds of things, I think this could be the same issue I had with some loose connections to the motor. I soldered to the pins, but my connection was loose with the two-pin harness connector. Suggest they check for pinched wires.

SATYSFD, WindyRoad: That is rather interesting, all my testing was done with car off. But just to confirm... Things work properly when car is running, but not when its off? Do either of you have a multimeter/voltmeter you could use to test your battery voltage while car is off (but with ignition on)?

Nothing works for me even when on or off. Odd cause its wired how you show it and all the factory switches work.

Mine works great, both with motor running and with motor off. From the sounds of things, I think this could be the same issue I had with some loose connections to the motor. I soldered to the pins, but my connection was loose with the two-pin harness connector. Suggest they check for pinched wires.

Thats what I thinking, mine are soldered well, no pinching at the housing exit. Tho the two plug connector seems like a possible problem to me.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

WindyRoad: Oh ok, if yours is not working at all.. could you snap me a shot of your wire connections. But first check to see if when holding tilt-down for 5-6 seconds (programming mode) that you get a long beep. This will indicate at least that you have power. Let me know about that. If that works and NONE of the other functions work, def check out the 2 pin thing. Thats supposed to make install more convenient but it might be doing the opposite for some.

I checked the motor (green/blue) wires for solid connections. They were good to go. I will take a picture tonight of the solder work.

Again mine only works when the engine is running and only the auto close works nothing else.

Also there is no pinching at the housing exit.

Archived