LegacyGT.com

1-touch sunroof close and more

mikeyd

As far as the factory keyless/remote works, I'm not sure what you mean (where in the system does it function that way)? Typically it is 1 negative pulse for driver door, 2nd negative pulse all doors.

Either way no I could not really think of a way to do that. Originally I was going to have separate trigger inputs for both open and close but I ended up running out of available inputs once I added the extra features. It is also not possible to use a single input on my microcontroller in the way you described. I wish there was. Practically however, I plan to use mine set to open, if I need to close by remote (I have remote start), I can trigger the ignition on then off (by remote) which will trigger the ignition-auto-close.

I was reading a thread (I can't remember the link) discussing a hack that changes the factory remote from two unlock presses to one unlock press. It suggested using the other output to trigger your windows or something. Somebody mentioned it changed polarity on the lock to unlock, because it's one wire. Maybe that's bogus though, as it could certainly be a pulse, or double pulse as you suggest. I still have to get out the voltmeter to validate this, as it's just here-say.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^I did that... it was a great mod like this one. Can't wait for the SR Mod... agh.... afternoon bump.
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

I quickly reviewed that thread and FSM diagrams. The characteristics of Red/green which you free up after doing that mod are to 'rest at ground' and when triggered by 2nd remote press would go positive for a second or so.

If you use factory remotes you could use this wire to trigger my sunroof module by simply connecting a relay to it inverting the (+) pulse to a (-) pulse. You would have to do that easy 'all doors unlock' mod of course unless you wanted your sunroof to open/close every time you unlocked all your doors.

This is nice to know for those of you without aftermarket alarm/remote starts. Thanks for bring it up! If anyone needs help making this work, let me know.

^I wouldn't do that here in Seattle... what if I pushed the "unlock" too fast and it was raining...
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

I need the order. The suspense is killing me. I'm probably not one of the first 6 since I couldn't get in to the site right away for the deposit, but I'm not the last either.

I need this before the weather gets any worse. 70s today through Wednesday. 40s and rainy after through the weekend. Back to 50s/60s next week.

Archived