LegacyGT.com

1-touch sunroof close and more

mikeyd

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users
Well thats just a suckfest! Is it a federal offense to break into your own mailbox?

It might be. I have sort of a reputation with mailboxes, I tend to not tamper with them anymore in fear of the authorities.

Might just have to knock on the supers door to get him to unlock it.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

So I installed mine and it worked great. I went to button everything up, and now the one touch close doesn't close. It only goes a little bit. The auto close only moves a little too.

I had things pretty tight in there, and on close I heard a vibrating noise. So I pulled the unit out again, but I still can't get it to fully close. It seems like it is a safety reverting to standard. Is there something I can do to reset the unit? I tried just unplugging it, but no dice. Ideas?

Did you solder connections?? It sounds a bit like it may not be detecting your motor input. If it worked before tucking it away, I would guess a loose connection. Let me know, dont make me lose sleep.

Everything is soldered. I am going to post pics of the connections to the motor. There is no magic reset?

Ok, so it's working. I had to not only unplug power from the SLM1 and the control module, but I also had to unplug the two connectors for the buttons/tilt controls. That reset everything, and now it auto closes correctly.

Any suggestions on where to hide the box? I had it crammed up there on the driver's side, but I think it was too tight. From what I think happened, the motor had extra resistance somehow when closing, and stopped early. It also wouldn't let the auto close work until I unplugged and reset everything. Getting the box hidden I think could be the hardest part. :)

Final post of the night, promise. The issue appears to be with the two pin connector on the harness that goes to the motor. When I zip-tied the wires together, the wires on the female (harness) side were pulled too tight. Lost connection to the motor, and it wouldn't close again. Cut the zip-tie and straightened it out, works again. I may cut that connector off and solder those wires together. I also couldn't find a place to attach the box with the 3M tape, so I just set it in there. We'll see how this works with my driving style next week. Thanks Mike!

Ok good. I think I can sleep well here. Make sure that connector is latched... it may take some efforts to fully snap it together. I think you nailed the cause however. Mine fit perfectly above the visor area. Squeezed in there snugly. The double sided tape would just be an added bit of stick to keep it from sliding around. Not sure where on the factory harness you ended up attaching too but too close to the connector I suppose would make end up giving you little slack for placement. Appreciate your feedback! Have you tried the other features like tilted up -> open and opened -> tilt up?

6 modules to solder, 11 to test and pack for shipping tomorrow morning and several shots of vodka (this will not affect quality assurance)... wish me luck!

Also... no need to remove entire motor as in Dade's pictures. Just remove circuit board as described in instructions.

Archived