LegacyGT.com

1-touch sunroof close and more

mikeyd

No problem. Every thing is soldered now, so I'm leaning towards a programing issue, its pretty nice today so i'll mess around with it some more.

Update: Everythings good. Went into the programing and turned on the auto close when shut off.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Ha I just got back from holiday and forgot about the auto close... like a dumb A$& I held my hand up to push the close button and then saw it close on it's own and was like "oh yea"...
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

• 1 month later...
I assume your talking about the 2 wires for the motor inputs that have to be connected to the factory sunroof module. Yes thats 1 thing I wish wasn't necessary. But (and other can correct me), its not so bad. Its only those 2 wires, the module is easily removed and in the case of the sedan you aren't connecting to some tiny contact points that are surrounded by other points and traces. Rather you are connecting to larger, more isolated (space to work safely) prongs that stick out from the board to connect board/module to actual motor. I think that part as well as the rest of the install is fairly painless.

Ok interesting. Well I'd feel more comfortable with the compatability if you would do me a favor and pull the switch/light console down quick and take a photo of your module (no need to remove anything). Use enough light for me see your wire harness and wire colors, perhaps just unplug the wire harness to get a better shot of that. If you happen to have the service manual for your car, the sunroof wiring diagram from that would do the trick too.

Does your roof function exactly as you've seen described here and on my web site? I'd like to verify in some way that this is compatible, once we do you can order up. Thanks!

Interested, but trying to figure out how difficult it would be to make a PNP harness for it (aside from soldering to the board).

I may have mis-interpreted your comment... Making a plug and play harness would mean having one custom made. I don't believe one could ever find either side of the harnesses that subaru used in there. Having some made would cost a ton, if a company was even willing to make small quantities. I think this was discussed earlier in the thread briefly. It's a very rare luxury in the 12v install world. Either way I don't think the install is too tough.

I can offer free install for anyone willing to drive to me :rolleyes:

It was very easy to put in! Great product that you NEED to solder all the wires. (But that's easy stuff!)
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Ok interesting. Well I'd feel more comfortable with the compatability if you would do me a favor and pull the switch/light console down quick and take a photo of your module (no need to remove anything). Use enough light for me see your wire harness and wire colors, perhaps just unplug the wire harness to get a better shot of that. If you happen to have the service manual for your car, the sunroof wiring diagram from that would do the trick too.

Does your roof function exactly as you've seen described here and on my web site? I'd like to verify in some way that this is compatible, once we do you can order up. Thanks!

It is the same operation and I'm sure that it is the same parts as USDM.

I already did the coparision about our switch with USDM switch two years ago. I was planing to do a LED room lamb that will function with the center map light. I take photos from a lot of sellers in ebay at that time and it was the same.

Alright then. Maybe you at least want to verify that your colors match what I have for 2007 on my install sheet. Go ahead and order using the link in the first post (http://products.mikeyd.net). I've got the parts to build 1 unit on hand so I will build it and be ready to ship a couple days after you order. You'll then get an email letting you know that you can pay the remaining amount at which point I'll ship it. Definitely use your US address then. Thanks!

Archived