LegacyGT.com

1-touch sunroof close and more

mikeyd

So I like the fact that when the LED lites up I can see it thru my map light on the drivers side headliner at night. LOVE IT!
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users

Installed mine today. Took about 2 and a half hours because I can't read electrical diagrams haha. I was also relearning the art of soldering, and I am now very good at it. Score.

Things to note:

-I would rate installation a Medium in difficulty, mainly because of the soldering, and the short length of wires to work with.

-Mine is an 07 sedan. Remove all 3 screws and pull the entire sunroof motor/module assembly out. Don't try to remove the tabs on just the module because you cant get to one of them, just removed all 3 of the t20 screws and the entire motor/module assembly comes right out. Easy. This would have save me 20 minutes if I did this off the bat.

-Be careful where you start chopping wires! Make sure you leave enough room to work with for the wires going back to the switches, and the wires on the harness that go into the module. You don't have much to work with in the first place

-With this type of electrical work, you should be soldering EVERY connection. Don't half-ass it (No offense to others that haven't done it that way).

- Windyroad took a picture that's a couple posts back of all of the connections. Although I strongly advise against crimping wires, it is an excellent picture to refer back to if you are having trouble understanding the diagram. I compared the picture to the diagram for several minutes and it help me out a lot. Thanks Windy (p.s., solder those damn connections, especially the ones in the module housing!:))

Comments on functionality: This thing is great, it is a really nicely working piece. Just as someone said earlier, you cannot hold close for a split second too long from the tilted up position, or it will stop at the half way point. I'm really impressed with it.

-is there anyway to have it "auto-close" from tilted up position?

Cheers to a great product.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

...and the short length of wires to work with.

Are you referring to the cars wiring or my harnesses being short? I know there is not much length in the stock wiring up there

Comments on functionality: This thing is great, it is a really nicely working piece. Just as someone said earlier, you cannot hold close for a split second too long from the tilted up position, or it will stop at the half way point. I'm really impressed with it.

Could you clarify the holding of close from tilted up position?

-is there anyway to have it "auto-close" from tilted up position?

Cheers to a great product.

I did not do auto-close from tilted up. I think I decided that was unlikely to be used as I envision the tilted up as a vent for heat when parked and that most would not want it to close from that position. Plus since its so short of a movement and no waiting, I figured its not much of an inconvenience in the first place.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like it.

• Mega Users
Are you referring to the cars wiring or my harnesses being short? I know there is not much length in the stock wiring up there

Could you clarify the holding of close from tilted up position?

I did not do auto-close from tilted up. I think I decided that was unlikely to be used as I envision the tilted up as a vent for heat when parked and that most would not want it to close from that position. Plus since its so short of a movement and no waiting, I figured its not much of an inconvenience in the first place.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like it.

Your wires are perfect length, it is the stock ones than are short.

What do you mean by clarifying the holding? You just have to let go right when it beeps, or it will stop half way.

Mike, this thing is really sweet. Truly a nice addition to the cars functionality.

- Windyroad took a picture that's a couple posts back of all of the connections. Although I strongly advise against crimping wires, it is an excellent picture to refer back to if you are having trouble understanding the diagram. I compared the picture to the diagram for several minutes and it help me out a lot. Thanks Windy (p.s., solder those damn connections, especially the ones in the module housing!:))

Haha I'm a lazy electrician. I love crimps :) Nah next day off I'll rip it all apart solder every thing and double check it. Still doesn't work for me :mad:

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

• Mega Users
Haha I'm a lazy electrician. I love crimps :) Nah next day off I'll rip it all apart solder every thing and double check it. Still doesn't work for me :mad:

It will once you solder!

pollz: "You just have to let go right when it beeps, or it will stop half way"... please tell me specifically what function your referring to... also thanks!

windyroad: yeah solder/check those connections and specifically the things I've mentioned previously and report back... I want to make sure your all set and I need to know that it works perfectly on 2009

• Mega Users
pollz: "You just have to let go right when it beeps, or it will stop half way"... please tell me specifically what function your referring to... also thanks!

When the sunroof is fully opened, and you want to change to the "tilt up closed" position. When you are clicking and holding "tilt up," if you don't let go the button go almost before the SLM1 stops beeping, the sunroof will close at the halfway point (or after the first step), and will not move any furthur. It is pretty difficult to release "tilt up" button quick enough when attempting this.

I got that too.

It's when the roof is full open, and you hold tilt-up button to go all the way to tilted up roof.

If you hold it even longer after the beep, it won't even move.

It's really easy to get that bug while driving on the highway, cause I can't hear the beep :)

To me, that looks like something that could be software/firmware related?

I can make a video if you want to see it.

• Mega Users
Guys, everything is working fine.

Going from fully open to tilted up, you need to let go of the button as soon as it beeps. If you keep pressing tilt up for a little bit, the roof will close to the first step only. If you hold it longer than that, the roof will do nothing.

It might be different in other years? Mine is 2008.

Mike this is what I'm talking about if he explains it better.

Looks fine. Maybe make sure you didn't make contact between those two prongs on the blue wire. Probably fine there, but you'll know if those connections are good along with the others if you've got a multimeter/voltmeter. Do you have one? I guess you can whip that out after you've soldered.

• Mega Users
I see. No need for a video, I got ya now. I did not notice this for me. I'll try it after I get the last sedan unit built since I don't have one for myself yet ;-)

did you get one for yourself yet?

Yea they don't touch. I just wanted to rule one thing out. Yea I have a volt meter.

Any luck?

Works with a turbo timer doesn't auto close or try to when when I remove the key

*my hids w/ harness flicker when I remove the key and turbo timer kicks in. So there's a short period of a volt drop to turn off the hid relay. Btw it's an eBay turbo timer

*auto close properly when engine turns off

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Our cars really don't need a turbo timer, but I guess it doesn't hurt.

I drive my car hard and I usually don't drive it easy the last 1 mile to home avg is 13mpg city:lol: my works only 2 miles away and I stilled WOT to and from when it was summer heck I still do it now but short shift with the blue light on:eek::spin:

I even broke the bead off the tire hitting the uneven road making a turn onto the second to last street to my house. Yes tires were properly inflated

Another thing was my rear sway bar mounting bracket was a little bit bent with stock sway bars:spin: all good and upgraded now:)

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Mike, finally had a break in the weather and got everything soldered up. Had a issue with a ground and she's a working now. Tho the auto close once off isn't but I just gotta program it probably lol.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Oh thats great! Another case of crimp connector fail I suppose. So everything works except auto-close? Yes make sure you programmable options are what they should be and that you've got proper readings on the ignition wire. With a loose or missing ground, screwy thing could happen. Thanks for the update.

Archived