LegacyGT.com

1-touch sunroof close and more

mikeyd

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not yet, I felt too tired to be sure to complete it. Will try tonight.

I was wondering, do you use the IGN wire to draw power, or only as a signal to start auto-closing? Not sure if there's an ACC wire up there, I was thinking maybe I could hook it up to accessory instead... I will try it as designed first of course.

I was wondering, do you use the IGN wire to draw power, or only as a signal to start auto-closing? Not sure if there's an ACC wire up there, I was thinking maybe I could hook it up to accessory instead... I will try it as designed first of course.

IGN input is used as a signal only. The constant power is used to power the unit. You could connect this to an ACC if you really wanted to (sedans only). There is not one at the sunroof module but does the mirror compass contraption come on with ACC?

If the reason you want to do this is to be able to shut off the car and keep the roof open... don't forget you can override the autoclose at any time by tapping tilt down right before turning off the IGN.

• Mega Users
Haha... way to read the website and install doc ha ;-)

Hey I can make like 6-7 more of these (and donate $5 each further sold to RedCross/Sandy)... help me spread the word yall!

I just read thru the install, I must've skipped over this tho. I'm nervous about soldering, last time I couldnt get the solder to melt when I fixd my apple charger

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Perhaps you need a better soldering gun. The pen shaped ones for circuit boards are lower wattage and also take more time to heat up fully. Gun shaped ones are better for wires. If either is working properly, solder should melt fast. A pen type would have a little trouble on wire to wire situations like in a car (even though its not thick gauge here). If you've got a gun style, make sure your tip is connected tightly.

• Mega Users
:dm:

Giggity

:lol:

Hoping mine shows up soon! Where's the best place to pick up a quality soldering iron? It's been awhile since I've soldered anything so I'm guessing my skills have diminished somewhat.

good luck

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Awesome, thanks! I need to run my Home Depot anyway so I'll scoop one up. Do you usually pick up your solder at Radio Shack?

Archived