LegacyGT.com

1-touch sunroof close and more

mikeyd

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How vibration-resistant do you think that these will be? Is there anything that anchors them or are they just loose in proximity to the other SR bits? NOT being critical, just very interested in what to expect from these over the long-term.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

The board will be in an enclosure of course and although the enclosure doesn't have external mounting holes (like for screws or ties), I expect it to fit snugly sandwiched by the headliner and stock wiring. I plan to use a large cable tie that goes around the whole box to secure it if I don't like how it fits. There is nothing sensitive to vibration inside it and I don't expect there to be any problems preventing it from rattling around.

I've got my work cut out for me to do 20 of these but I'm excited. I think the worst part is going to be wiring the plugs into wire harnesses oddly enough.

Haha.. yeah your requests are dated in my database. Of course shipping would be delayed if when you received the email that says yours is built and ready to ship you hold off on paying the remaining monies. Once I get my process down, I expect to pump them out reasonably fast.

• Mega Users
Do the people that paid first get their unit delivered first? I believe I was third.... ;)

Haha.. yeah your requests are dated in my database. Of course shipping would be delayed if when you received the email that says yours is built and ready to ship you hold off on paying the remaining monies. Once I get my process down, I expect to pump them out reasonably fast.

Who was number one. Say it! Say it!

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Your free to send me all of your money if you wish.

Last night I made a template for cutting holes in the enclosure. A dremel like tool is all I've got so the square holes for connectors won't be like artwork but thats all I've got. I also built and soldered the first board. Will be wiring the harness into my car tonight and testing #1.

Quick question: For the trigger input wire, would it be possible for you to read a + for open and a - for close? I only ask because I believe this is how the factory remote functions with the double unlock feature.

I am going to assume it's too late to make any changes, but thought I'd ask. :)

As far as the factory keyless/remote works, I'm not sure what you mean (where in the system does it function that way)? Typically it is 1 negative pulse for driver door, 2nd negative pulse all doors.

Either way no I could not really think of a way to do that. Originally I was going to have separate trigger inputs for both open and close but I ended up running out of available inputs once I added the extra features. It is also not possible to use a single input on my microcontroller in the way you described. I wish there was. Practically however, I plan to use mine set to open, if I need to close by remote (I have remote start), I can trigger the ignition on then off (by remote) which will trigger the ignition-auto-close.

Looks like a neat trick, but it certainly isn't worth anywhere near that to me. Not knocking it. I'm not a cheapskate either. I can two touch my sunroof closed for free and it isn't worth that much to me. If this was $30. I would consider it, but again the way it currently works is free. Props for a good idea though.

Everyone has a different utility function of course. I can understand yours, for me it's a bit too annoying for something used daily in a car that I otherwise love. To each his own.

progress report?

how soon until shipping begins?

just anxious is all, starting to get cold outside

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Everyone has a different utility function of course. I can understand yours, for me it's a bit too annoying for something used daily in a car that I otherwise love. To each his own.

In a lot of ways I enjoy this car more than my Galant. There are many things that annoy me like the sunroof, and the lack of a 30 second power reserve for windows and sunroof after ignition off. I don't understand how a car can have dual zone climate control but not be able to roll the windows up after the car is off. Like I said, cool device. I'm just not there. Keep up the good work, I'm all for innovation.

I know bummer that the weather turns to suckfest for some of us just in time for this mod.

Build status: enclosure drilling template complete, first unit built and tested! Tonight I will be streamlining my mass production process and will likely assemble a couple more units. Will build many in the next couple days.

- Had to order a different piezo/beeper as the one I changed to isn't right but I've got enough of the original on hand to not be delayed, more coming in on Friday

Wagon test status: There are apparently NO wagons with sunroofs in my area (let alone ones willing to loan me there car), my mind is blown. I have a plan to meet 'notthesnail' in Buffalo, NY (hes in Canada) as he has volunteer to donate his wagon for the greater good! That is scheduled for the 27th. I can build units until then just won't ship wagon orders out until tested. I'm still going to try to recruit a wagon locally.

Archived