LegacyGT.com

1-touch sunroof close and more

mikeyd

A good question...

It is necessary for things to work. Just as you cannot hold the close button, the factory module will still stop at the timed position and will not continue until u let go and press again, there must be a small delay in re-triggering the close. I've tried shorter delays but if its too quick it wont work. So thats as good as it gets, without eliminating the factory control module and building a complete new one. My unit listens for the motor to stop (thus the internal motor connections) making it as quick and reliable as it can be.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have parts this week most likely and am excited to build. U'll have one within a couple weeks I'm sure unless something terrible happens ha. I'll be using USPS flat rate boxes and I would imagine NH would be quick. No need for extra monies but I if you find me a member with a wagon willing to drive to Utica, NY, you'd be my best friend (and that would probably expidite your build progress :-) )

Correction: don't have any specific dates on the PCBs yet, so I guess I shouldn't estimate but I'm hoping those will also at least ship this week

Nice job MikeyD!

Whats funny is, I actually completed a module just like this two years ago but it required cutting into the existing wiring harnesses to get in series. I assumed this was to much grief for folks and it wouldn't be popular so I canned the project. Perhaps I shouldn't have abandoned it :)

Were you able to accomplish this without modifying the existing wiring system?

Thanks. With my unit you will cut 3 wires (only 1 on wagon). Because of the way the switches are wired, it has to happen. But I don't think there is much difference in tying into a wire or cutting it and tying into both sides. When the unit is plugged in those wires are reconnected as they were, just with a diode inline. It's no biggie. I'll be posting a draft of the installation document in the next day or two.

Great! Thanks all! I forgot about myself, I want an official production version too ha. I'm going to have to order a couple more rounds of parts. Probably going to up the price for future orders beyond these 20 (up to 30) to $130. That is for orders that come in after I get around to making a couple tweaks to the website code. The race is on ;-)

Archived