LegacyGT.com

2012/2013 NFL thread

BDII

That's just it, people who commit suicide are sometimes the people who are accustomed to a certain result and when they do not get that result they become little whiney bitches and sometimes commit suicide. The pats fans are used to winning championship playoff games and now that they didn't, DUN DUN DUN.

BTW you fit in the group of whiney bitches.

I'm going to spell this out for you because you seem oblivious. I'm fine with all of the trash talk against the Patriots in this whole thread. I've barely responded to any of it, if at all.

I'm not fine with making light of suicides. Killing one's self has nothing to do with being a "whiney bitch" and is a serious mental illness that people should seek help for. Joking about suicides is about as funny as joking about shooting up a school; they're not.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to spell this out for you because you seem oblivious. I'm fine with all of the trash talk against the Patriots in this whole thread. I've barely responded to any of it, if at all.

I'm not fine with making light of suicides. Killing one's self has nothing to do with being a "whiney bitch" and is a serious mental illness that people should seek help for. Joking about suicides is about as funny as joking about shooting up a school; they're not.

I agree mental illness is something that is a big issue for the us as a culture but people kill themselves for different reasons but there is no reason to get into that in this thread.

It was a simple joke no need to get all PC about it. If you didn't like it then that is on you. I can joke about whatever I feel like whether you approve it or not.

My hate for the state of California and its people has me rooting for Baltimore even though Ray Lewis doesn't deserve it.

The one thing that stops Ray Lewis from truly being remembered as one of the if not the greatest D player is all the BS about his murder charges. It is interesting that someone who believes in the father and the son to the point he is screaming Jesus at every opportunity can be so damn violent.

I did however think it was pretty classless that Wes Welkers wife decided to post up about him. Although it may be true to do it right after a AFC Championshop loss was pretty pathetic because it is obvious as to why she posted it.

Aw u can't hate everyone from Cali :)

The eastside hates on the westside and that's just the way it is, they're just jealous of our sexy. :lol:

http://allthingscleveland.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/mac_pc_tag7.jpg

Go Niners, should be a great SB!

Haven't really been a Niners fan since the Montana/Young era, but I do like this current team.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

The one thing that stops Ray Lewis from truly being remembered as one of the if not the greatest D player is all the BS about his murder charges. It is interesting that someone who believes in the father and the son to the point he is screaming Jesus at every opportunity can be so damn violent.

I did however think it was pretty classless that Wes Welkers wife decided to post up about him. Although it may be true to do it right after a AFC Championshop loss was pretty pathetic because it is obvious as to why she posted it.

What happened with Welker's wife?? She tweeted about him being a dirty killer or something?

I have my own opinions about Lewis as well, and the murder 'situation' that happened in his early twenties always looms over his legacy.

But I think he has obviously found Jesus since then (we are reminded of this every time he opens his mouth in an interview) and truly wants to be on the path to redemption.

What exactly happened with the murder issue, I don't know all the details, but it seemed rather.... interesting. He was what? 25 years old when that happened? 12-13 years back?

But like all sports figures that fall from grace, society wants to viilify them for a certain amount of time and shun them, then put them back into the good books after a certain amount of 'punishment time'.

It'll happen with Lance Armstrong. Just watch.

Ahh the sign of a true fan, "I liked em during the Montana/Young era and now the current". Oh you mean you like them when they are a winning team. ;)

mmkay,

I was a kid during the 80's, I liked different teams back then, so what.

I also didn't say I was a niners fan now, I said that I like the current team and wish them well in the SB, big difference there.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Welker's wife (Anna Burns Welker) posted on Facebook: "Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' wikipedia page. 6 kids, 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid off a family. Yay, what a Hall of Fame player! A true role model"

Sour grapes, for sure... but also factually accurate.

My understanding of the circumstances around the murder charges (NOT guaranteed to be factually accurate, but I think it's pretty close): He was out with a bunch of his boys, got into an altercation that left two other men stabbed on the street (they bled out and died). He and his friends fled the scene in a limo, which was shot up with multiple bullet holes. He burned (or otherwise disposed of) the suit he was wearing before police arrested him. Didn't initially cooperate with police, but then eventually pled his charges down to Obstruction and testified against his two friends.

Thanks! I was off to google to figure it all out myself, but your summary is even better!

Testified against his two buddies? Wow.... I guess if he didn't actually stab the guys himself, he had to rat out his friends to keep from doing any jail time personally.

My hate for the state of California and its people has me rooting for Baltimore even though Ray Lewis doesn't deserve it.

if you live there, I don't like you. You're guilty by association.

You just took ignorance to a whole new level. What do you believe is going on in California that would make you feel the need to dislike over 12% of the nations population?

You just took ignorance to a whole new level. What do you believe is going on in California that would make you feel the need to dislike over 12% of the nations population?

Same reason boston fans hate new yorkers. Just the rivalry.

Testified against his two buddies? Wow.... I guess if he didn't actually stab the guys himself, he had to rat out his friends to keep from doing any jail time personally.

Or he personally stabbed the victims, burned the suit covered in their blood then didn't cooperate with investigators until his two cronies agreed to take the fall for him.

I am pretty sure no-one was convicted, I remember reading his friends were acquitted as well.

Rays murder charges were dropped after he agreed to testify against his buddies and to plead guilty to obstruction of justice. He was sentenced to 12 months of probation.

Damn, people need to stop bringing up the negative. Ray will probably retire with a ring. Niners can pull this off but the Ravens have a good team. Ray is a human being and **** just happens sometimes.

I know, right?! Murder is not that big of a deal... :eek: Sometimes murder just "happens"... :confused: A Super Bowl ring clearly makes up for that!

Rays murder charges were dropped after he agreed to testify against his buddies and to plead guilty to obstruction of justice. He was sentenced to 12 months of probation.

Yes but I read that his friends were acquitted of the murder charges as well. So who was convicted of the murders? No one because they labeled it self defense. After he of course burned the clothes he was wearing that night and ditched the knife.

Archived