LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning: legacygt.com Tuning Day

Nrw

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, if anyone wants a 06-07 ebay wrx lip that has been modified to fit a 05-07 Legacy front bumper I can bring my old one. No cracks, light scraping on the under side. I recommend painting it due to the polyurethane fading in the sun.

You tell me this after i just bought my lip.....

Yeah, I def learned my lesson. If i get another lip down the road i am def not being lazy and taking it off come winter time.

I am lowered on Cobbs and I never had an issue with my front lip in the winter. It went through last winter without a problem. Maybe the 22 self tapping screws helped;)

lip.thumb.jpg.891c543125e0bd111a5bd73eace00c31.jpg

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Now to our asian reporter Tricia Takanawa

http://users.digiex.net/curlysteve/Images/Tricia_Takanawa1.jpg

"Yes Diane, there seems to be a crowd of eager Subaru owners behind me, chanting about something called a "dynosaur", I can't quite make it out clearly"

Well, son of a b*tch.

Alberto has the downpipe off over at Motive and he's telling me there is EXCESSIVE shaft play in my stock turbo. Impeller blades aren't touching the housing, but they are really close. He is recommending that I don't even drive it, let alone get it tuned as it is.

:icon_sad:

I totally agree, it definitely beats blowing my motor, but that doesn't mean that I'm not *extremely* disappointed that there is basically nothing I can do at this point to make it to the tune short of ignoring Alberto's advice and taking a huge risk. I'm not sure that passes the common sense test.

I wasn't really planning to go from stock directly to stage 3. I planned to stick around stage 2 until closer to 100,000 miles and then reevaluate turbo options from there, but that plan is now out the window. Not only that, but I need to formulate a new plan quickly if I ever want to get my car back and make the logistics work out with Alberto and Bren (which are also now all up in the air).

What do you guys think? VF52? Stock injectors, stock clutch, upgraded fuel pump? Or FP HTA71? Or BNR 18G? Or some Blouch? Bigger than VF52 probably requires injectors and/or clutch/flywheel. I'm floundering here a little bit. I would like to keep this car very streetable as it is my daily driver, but I also don't want to regret not having gone bigger when I did it. If I do turbo now, I don't want to have to redo it. Do I go big, but not do all the supporting mods now and dial the boost back a little bit and then turn it up later? Should I just go big go from stock directly to throwing down 350? Should I just VF52 and enjoy it?

A stock header full bolt on VF52 should get you around 320-330 whp on pump gas. They are perfect DD turbos, evo16g is practically the same thing. I've toyed with the 18g but a 52 gets you close enough with better spool.

I plan on making my car a summer car so I'm looking bigger, at this point in time I've flip flopped many times already :lol:.

I totally agree, it definitely beats blowing my motor, but that doesn't mean that I'm not *extremely* disappointed that there is basically nothing I can do at this point to make it to the tune short of ignoring Alberto's advice and taking a huge risk. I'm not sure that passes the common sense test.

I wasn't really planning to go from stock directly to stage 3. I planned to stick around stage 2 until closer to 100,000 miles and then reevaluate turbo options from there, but that plan is now out the window. Not only that, but I need to formulate a new plan quickly if I ever want to get my car back and make the logistics work out with Alberto and Bren (which are also now all up in the air).

What do you guys think? VF52? Stock injectors, stock clutch, upgraded fuel pump? Or FP HTA71? Or BNR 18G? Or some Blouch? Bigger than VF52 probably requires injectors and/or clutch/flywheel. I'm floundering here a little bit. I would like to keep this car very streetable as it is my daily driver, but I also don't want to regret not having gone bigger when I did it. If I do turbo now, I don't want to have to redo it. Do I go big, but not do all the supporting mods now and dial the boost back a little bit and then turn it up later? Should I just go big go from stock directly to throwing down 350? Should I just VF52 and enjoy it?

What I ran into... but much mine started to smoke. I would say a BNR 16g Evo III turbo. You can run stock everything but youd prob want to get a fuel pump.

What you can do it if you find a way to come on saturday, you can see different peoples set ups and can talk to bren all about it. He basically gave me the list of what I needed and I did it. I also had the plan of going to only stage 2 for a while. But I went straight from 0 to stage 3. Although it hit the bank pretty hard, I have no regrets because im basically done performance mods for A WHILE! But I would still suggest coming on saturday and learning all your different possibilities.

That sucks to hear that though, but always look on the bright side of it. Atleast your motor didnt blow :rolleyes:

Archived