LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning: legacygt.com Tuning Day

Nrw

• I Donated Too

I'll show up a little later to let those that need to go first get done and outtathere... I should be there just after 12.30pm

I just got back from helping out at Alberto's and making sure Dujo was all set.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is on like frickin' Donkey Kong!

Got the wagon back from Alberto. Met sigma while I was there. I will be there tomorrow with bells on. I also don't plan to get there very first thing since there are plenty in line before me. Sounds like robit, spc, and mooshki should be the earlier ones with me and sigma penciled in for the back half and Neil floating as needed. I'm down with that. I'll probably get there sometime around noon, though if I should do something else, I can definitely be flexible as needed.

Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow.

Have fun today guys-

What time is this going to? If I can sneak out of work early ill shoot over-

Sigma- wish I knew you were at bertos last night - basically drove right by but figured he'd be closed- ah well.

Can't wait to see who blows up!

Cheers!

• I Donated Too
I should do a better job of telling you where I am! Yes, we were there until gone 10pm last night and then took a while cleaning up so Berto could close up... I hope no one blows up! Too much work has been put into all of this! Not sure what time we'll all be done but I am sure by late afternoon Bren is going to be pretty sick of Legacy tuning and might kick us all off the property...

Should be cloudy and gray and a bit humid, but cool and not raining. Woke up at 5 this morning. 9:30 start. Should probably be a total of more than 6 hours, but not more than nine (average between hour and an hour and a half per tune). Probably a little closer to 6 since some of the tunes are just retunes. Done some time around 4 is my very back of the napkin, uneducated guess on the time. See you guys in a couple hours.

• I Donated Too

just waiting for my K&N to soak in the soap... rinse, dry... then I might venture out.

edit: wow... what is wrong with the missus? Pretty sure K&N make the filter out of fabric something or other, perfectly acceptable for it to be in the drier banging around right now. "Car parts don't belong in there" she screamed!

Well I just got home and let me tell you, there should be a lgt dyno RE-tune day.

First up on the dyno was robotrice. His rear dif went i think was the diagnosis.

Then mine went up and mine would send power to the back wheels so i think i have a center dif problem. So I was talking with Alberto and he said itd be cheaper to just get a used tranny. But I went on a road tune and Bren put me at 20psi and between 315whp-320whp.

Next up was a wrx and he was limited to 7psi because his fuel pump was shot.

Next was aggrmuffin (sp?) and he was running a stage 2 set up. Just uppipe and downpipe and catback with grimmspeed ebcs. He put down a whopping 280whp!!

I left for work while moosh was putting his car on the dyno.

So I hope the rest of the guys pull some serious power! I saw some of the setups and they look like some might hit 330whp easy.

But I think I speak for robotrice when I say today wasnt the best of days.

O yea not a good day....I just got home and wanna pound beers! I gotta jack up the car and spin some tires to find out which diff but im pretty sure its the rear as this past winter i had problems with the rear end sliding out to the left when going from a stop....then i had a redic boost leak that we couldnt test for cause there was no available compressor or adapter to use a tire compressor at a gas station. Got like 95% of my tune sone though so not completely lost, bren got everything but boost dialed in.

Road tune he thought i was at 315 and once the leak is fixed and we re do it on the roa should be 320 no problem. So looks like im saving for a real refresher in the spring strting with differentials!!! Its not all lost just a bump in the road. It was great to see everyone and when problems arose everyone was great in helping out and thinking of solutions! I can say im proud to be part of an elite group of people! Thanks all

U kno you gotta b positive abt it and plan for evrything. This is a great opportunity to fix other things while that gets fixed. Dont rush it and plan accordinly to prevent other things from breaking or giving way. Its part of the joy of having something you love and making it perfect and resurrecting it!!

Archived