LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning: legacygt.com Tuning Day

Nrw

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 WEEK PEOPLE!

1 WEEK!

Use this weekend to put your last mods on a tidy your ride! Make it easy on yourself so that your not scramming at the last minute to get stuff done before dyno day!

I shall be at Motive's tm morning to have my fuel pump put in, as well as my exhaust leak sown up. Then I shall be good for the dyno!

(besides the handle issue..fml)

I also have to figure out how to wire my boost gauge and finish my idea of mounting my oil pressure gauge on that tiny fuse panel that flips down. Then I haveta figure out how to wire the oil pressure gauge as well!

But all is well!

Whats everybody else got left?!

Alrighty fellas. Things are looking good for me now. Or at least they are looking a whole lot better than they did a week and a half ago when I totally screwed up my cv joint boot replacement. Who knew there was so much rust under my car. It's almost like I live somewhere that gets lots of snow and salt. :)

So the cv joint boot problem and associated screw ups still exist, but I've taken it to an expert to correct the problems. If you drop by Motive this week, you'll see my ABP LGT wagon there.

In the meantime though, I went ahead and took care of the rest of the stage 2 install. Therefore, I am now running a solid Cobb up, a Cobb down and a Borla catback as well as a Process West intahcoolah. Also put on whiteline sways with kartboy endlinks.

Alberto managed to talk me in to a Forge BPV while he's got it, plus I'm gonna have him run down a few extra things too. You know, for my claim that I would do all the work myself, my car sure is gonna spend a lot of time at Motive. ;)

At any rate, the stage 2 stuff is installed and the car runs! Sounds awesome under 3000 rpm. I didn't push it past that point since I was really only testing that it ran after I took it apart and put it back together. Besides, I'm untuned! Paging Bren! Waive your magic wand and make my car fast, Bren!

Assuming Alberto should be able to sort out my problems in the coming week, I should be good to go.

Everybody that still has parts not on the car ... get on it. 1 more week!

goodies woohoo....some progress today. put my aem intake on and picked up my fmic pipes from powder coating and they look great and match the engine bay perfectly! excited and hopefully installing tomorrow, if not gotta take a day off from work. Also noticed on the hot side intercooler pipe there is a fitting for a hose? what connect to that? it looks like a port for the recirc but that goes into into the intake...anyone?

1957922981_fmic1.thumb.jpg.d3bff0352bbb475df4fd398db504e50e.jpg

347508367_fmic2.thumb.jpg.b78760b71a7c63dab38d0d3cc07f116c.jpg

intake.thumb.jpg.614968b54544a7b01d9ddba3e9f196d9.jpg

• I Donated Too
Installing the Perrin TMIC has turned into a bit of a pain in the ass. I am not digging it at all but it's not the TMIC's fault, stupid aftermarket TB hose partly the PITA and generally getting the crap aligned... best be worth it after all this faffing about.

• I Donated Too
really... so how do they explain the effin' stocker fits just fine. Ah... I'll finish this soon. I stopped wrestling with the damn thing for a bit to bolt the GrimmSpeed thing onto the side to brace the MBC... warming up the TB hose after giving it a trim to help thing go a bit easier. I'm less than amused by this whole task...

Nrw, what's the right email address for the down payment? sales@brentuning.com or something else?

Stick with it Sig! I'm sure it'll come together even if you've gotta break out the BFH (big effing hammer)!

As far as tmics go, I haven't seen the Perrin in person yet, but I can confirm that the PW fitment is pretty good. I've seen a lot of people say that the fit was perfect, but I felt like the place where the passenger side bracket locates the intercooler interferes with the hot side piping just a little bit. If the piping were metal instead of a soft rubbery substance, there would definitely be a problem. As it is, you just need to compress the rubber piping a bit where it connects to the turbo flange. The clocking didn't seem quite right on the intercooler until I rerouted the BPV hose (not in the directions) and screwed it down in to it's brackets. Could just be my installation inexperience though. ;)

Still a very, very nice unit though. Of course, the Process West is close to about $200 more than the Perrin, so you could get the Perrin and an EBCS and a boost gauge for the same price as the PW, so coming from the PW side, I would say that either choice is very reasonable. Good luck Sig!

Well, Alberto talked me in to an EBCS as well as that Forge BPV he's doing. But he talked me out of the aos at this time. I would say that intercooler, bpv, and EBCS aren't strictly required stage 2 mods, but they're good transition mods between 2 and 3 removing some of the chokepoints and limiting factors on turning up the boost on the stock turbo, so we'll just say that I went directly from stock to stage 2.5ish. Or at least 2.25ish. :)

? I'm stock.

I think that's spc's exact point. Tough to understand how exciting it is until you've done it. ;) I agree that spc is having more trouble containing himself than most, but I think we can all identify with those feelings pretty well. :lol:

Yea I'm pretty sure that's his paypal account.

Also we removed SPC's perrin today and it went back on first shot. That's weird to say because I have a thing against Perrin products... lol

Now his prosport boost gauge on the other hand....

That boost gauge.... not too happy about...

Im going to have to look back at those wire because the guy said that his wiring colors were wrong he thinks.

What would happen is the boost gauge would turn on, but it would flash and beep continuously while the needle is pegged at the bottom (not even 0). We thought it has to do with a bad sender, but it might be the wiring.

Well got my fms kit on bumper still need some adjustments to fit perfectly, which will never happen again so i used te ole ziptie method and some custom holes to mount. One spot is rubbing on the hood and the cold side intercooler coupler needed to be trimmed. Overal kit went in well and the flat black piping looks dope! Ready for sat!

That boost gauge.... not too happy about...

Im going to have to look back at those wire because the guy said that his wiring colors were wrong he thinks.

What would happen is the boost gauge would turn on, but it would flash and beep continuously while the needle is pegged at the bottom (not even 0). We thought it has to do with a bad sender, but it might be the wiring.

I don't think the wires are hooked up wrong, it would get power, change color with the headlights going on. Unless for some reason he messed with the wiring going from the sender? It's driving me nuts. I've done numerous gauges for people and this is the first one giving me these issues

Archived