LegacyGT.com

Will we ever get the diesel engine?

dahoseman

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only works until the government realizes that there's money to make on taxing propane.

dunno .. about 20-30 % of cars in europe run on propane. i'm pretty sure the government knows about that.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

just think of all the black smoke we will be breathing with diesel if they become popular. oh boy!!!

Except that a modern diesel doesn't leave much smoke behind.

The smoking diesels you see are people that has "tuned" them by increasing the injected amount of fuel to a level where soot is formed in huge amounts.

453747.png

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrJPaqa6cWE]Jetta TDI Dyno 180hp - YouTube[/ame]

i would want a subaru diesel exclusivily so i can do this to it !

/\ ya this is what i was saying. global warming my ass. Diesel pices of shit that cause air polution. There is no such thing as a clean diesel. go up to any diesel car or truck that has not been tuned on and stand on the gass, what comes out. Black shit.

uh ? stock diesels never smoked. only when people play with them

/\ ya this is what i was saying. global warming my ass. Diesel pices of shit that cause air polution. There is no such thing as a clean diesel. go up to any diesel car or truck that has not been tuned on and stand on the gass, what comes out. Black shit.

Nothing like proving oneself ignorant:rolleyes:

Yes. I agree bring on the diesel. My parents purchased a CX-5 and love it. They didn't want to wait for the diesel. I would bypass Subaru and buy a Mazda to get a diesel. I would have to think long and hard to own a VW again as much as I love the cars themselves. Dealers are the worst and they get a bit pricey to maintain over the years.

My Duramax is for sale. You seem like you could be a possible customer. It is in good shape. Just a little rust, 238,000 miles, and well maintained.

Please don't let the smoke bother you. It has a large turbo and is very fun.

Yes. I agree bring on the diesel. My parents purchased a CX-5 and love it. They didn't want to wait for the diesel. I would bypass Subaru and buy a Mazda to get a diesel. I would have to think long and hard to own a VW again as much as I love the cars themselves. Dealers are the worst and they get a bit pricey to maintain over the years.

Wife got a cx5 company car and she loves it. Nice quality touches. The Mazda awd really sucks though. It's slow to react...on demand. The engine is peppy off the line to about 10 mph.....then an absolute dog.

If Subaru offered a diesel engine in the states that would likely be my next car. My wife is looking at a new impreza sport premium... I'd take that in w/ a 2.0L diesel in a heartbeat!

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• 8 months later...
With more European auto companies bringing diesels stateside, will Subaru ever bring their models here? Ads for Audi and BMW are frequent lately, and apparently they see the market for it. Would be great to see a diesel Legacy wagon here... dreaming I know :rolleyes:

With more European auto companies bringing diesels stateside, will Subaru ever bring their models here? Ads for Audi and BMW are frequent lately, and apparently they see the market for it. Would be great to see a diesel Legacy wagon here... dreaming I know :rolleyes:

Or Forester

Archived