LegacyGT.com

Thinking on jumping ship....

CL21376

:lol: life is too short and there are too many good cars ou.

Oh Im beginning to understand as I get older, ill have a fair share of cars down the road and there's a difference between wants and needs. Due to the unique niche the lgt has I'm all about being different which is part of why I don't want to ever let it go. I had a restored 72 ford pickup less than 40k that I sold when I was 17, and ill blame my age for a stupid decision to buy a mustang instead, only then to have my sister total it :(. For 6years I searched to buy another truck like I had and never found one to meet my expectations so I bought a restored 78bronco that is pristine that I enjoy (not a trailer queen). Same with the lgt it took 8months to find what met my criteria. Although you're looking to jump ship only comment I can say is make sure the other ship is the one you need and you may have to let a few cars pass before buying the right one for the models you're looking at now. Doesn't have to be a "right now" decision to let go of you're lgt is all I'm.sayin

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's snug, but it works.

My rear facing car seat did not fit, which is why I don't own a 4th Gen LGT. I am in the same boat, my son is going to be in his car for a while longer and my wife and I are considering a 2nd child. The trunk is on little small side as well.

Audi suck to work on and the parts are expensive. We had a 2004ish a4 traded in because it needed an air fuel ratio sensor. Audi quoted the customer $3800. A salesman sold it from the wholesale lot. The tech had to remove the awd trans to replace the sensor. Keep in mind on a Toyota that a 1/2 hour job, instead it took 2 days. Even changing oil sucks when you have 20 bolts hanging 4 shields to get to the filter. The Audi and the Beemer are great cars if you have deep pockets or are leasing but I would never own either unless I hit the lottery. Just my $.02

Audi's aren't cheap. No doubt. They make things overly complicated. Doctors love Audis for some reason.

I always wanted and loved the styling of the G-series sedan. In fact, the reason why I fell in love with the Gen 5 Legacy is because it share the same body style as the G. But I'm still going with the Legacy simply because "Love, is what makes Subaru, a Subaru"

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

If you recall, Myles mentioned that his RCE springs and the Bilstein shocks were design with the target of an M5 level of ride/sport characteristic. I am certain that $1300 toward that package will make the already fantastic Legacy chassis truly shine. Waaaay cheaper than an M5. See you don't need the deep pockets.

At least you are halfway thru your payments. I just bought my 2012 and as great as it was on my test drives (see plural), it became glaringly apparent after only a few weeks of my daily twisty canyon road commute that I need RCE's setup. Haven't even made a payment yet and I will be ordering RCE's springs today after I get my paycheck.

If you recall, Myles mentioned that his RCE springs and the Bilstein shocks were design with the target of an M5 level of ride/sport characteristic. I am certain that $1300 toward that package will make the already fantastic Legacy chassis truly shine. Waaaay cheaper than an M5. See you don't need the deep pockets.

At least you are halfway thru your payments. I just bought my 2012 and as great as it was on my test drives (see plural), it became glaringly apparent after only a few weeks of my daily twisty canyon road commute that I need RCE's setup. Haven't even made a payment yet and I will be ordering RCE's springs today after I get my paycheck.

I recall that :lol:

And that's the problem. It's been a few weeks for you and you realize how crappy the suspension is. I (and others) have been waiting 2+ YEARS for these shocks. I'll be halfway through my life with my car before those shocks are here. Yeah, I know, at this point I'm just bitching :)

Drove a G37s over lunch. Loved the seats and the steering/handling/brakes/ride control put my GT to shame. Pretty sure a rear facing infant seat will fit, albeit tighter than in my car.

New is just a little more than I want to spend....I need to find a CPO 10 or 11.

I recall that :lol:

And that's the problem. It's been a few weeks for you and you realize how crappy the suspension is. I (and others) have been waiting 2+ YEARS for these shocks. I'll be halfway through my life with my car before those shocks are here. Yeah, I know, at this point I'm just bitching :)

Drove a G37s over lunch. Loved the seats and the steering/handling/brakes/ride control put my GT to shame. Pretty sure a rear facing infant seat will fit, albeit tighter than in my car.

New is just a little more than I want to spend....I need to find a CPO 10 or 11.

Glad you liked the G37. Just remember, other than spending some serious $ on FA, you won't be able to make it much faster than stock. If you are OK with that, find one that fits your price range and enjoy it.

After I sold my '05 LGT, I had two other cars that I got precisely due to the fact that they couldn't/didn't need to be modified to be fun.

But I got tired of not having to wrench on them and jumped back into the Subaru pool with my '11 LGT. I really enjoy all the troubleshooting and monkeying with it... it is a love-hate relationship. :lol:

Glad you liked the G37. Just remember, other than spending some serious $ on FA, you won't be able to make it much faster than stock. If you are OK with that, find one that fits your price range and enjoy it.

After I sold my '05 LGT, I had two other cars that I got precisely due to the fact that they couldn't/didn't need to be modified to be fun.

But I got tired of not having to wrench on them and jumped back into the Subaru pool with my '11 LGT. I really enjoy all the troubleshooting and monkeying with it... it is a love-hate relationship. :lol:

Yeah, I'm really coming to the conclusion I don't want to mod my daily driver. Instead I'm going to focus on getting my Firebird fixed up. Maybe heads and cam in the future :)

This isn't a done deal though....still need to drive a TL and the #s need to work.

Yeah, I'm really coming to the conclusion I don't want to mod my daily driver. Instead I'm going to focus on getting my Firebird fixed up. Maybe heads and cam in the future :)

This isn't a done deal though....still need to drive a TL and the #s need to work.

The only way to not mod a car is to buy a car that they make no mods for. ;) Get a 2.5i and you will be all set. Even acuras, infinitis, etc. have mods. Practically everyone customizes their car to a certain extent. :)

Firebirds are cool in the same way wife beaters with farmers tans and mullets are

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That is great. It would have to be a certain model and year for me to own one. Even then the way they rusted, burned oil or plain fell apart would slow me down. To each his own though. People like different things and if someone does, then go for it.

I didn't get the memo that f-bodies sucked :lol:

No rust. No burning or dripping oil. Nothing fallen apart. Needs a clutch--17+ years on OEM, and the shocks could use replaced.

100_2572.thumb.jpg.819bb4512a566509e304ac0b5b666cf7.jpg

Really? Come on man don't be a d*ck. Don't slam someone just because you disagree. I personally think Al Bundy was childish but I would never say that because you are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

Yet you just did... funny how that works, isn't it? :lol:

How's Kubica coming along? Just saw that. I'm a HUGE F1 fan.

Btw. I know what I said but unprovoked I'd never knock on something that someone else enjoys. I don't like football but understand how some people would. But to each his own. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean you shouldn't.

What about the new cadillac ats?....just saw a commercial on one and seem to be a luxury sport sedan

I think I just saw the same commercial :lol:

So far its been the highlight if the opening ceremony

Edit: $33-50k. 0-60 in 6.0 (estimated). I have a feeling the 6spd + turbo will end up on the more expensive side. The G and TL have all the options in the manual versions.

How's Kubica coming along? Just saw that. I'm a HUGE F1 fan.

Btw. I know what I said but unprovoked I'd never knock on something that someone else enjoys. I don't like football but understand how some people would. But to each his own. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean you shouldn't.

Agreed, to each their own. However, we all can have our own opinion. I sometimes don't mind sharing mine. :p

As far as Kubica goes, I don't know anything much yet. I know that his recover is advancing nicely, but I have serious doubts about him being able to return to F1 - obviously, basing my opinion/fears on what I read about Robert. He has yet to send me an email update ;)

I think I just saw the same commercial :lol:

So far its been the highlight if the opening ceremony

Edit: $33-50k. 0-60 in 6.0 (estimated). I have a feeling the 6spd + turbo will end up on the more expensive side. The G and TL have all the options in the manual versions.

I just read the first test in Motor Trend (IIRC) that came in the mail a couple of days ago. The ATS seems to have gotten very good feedback and is close to what BMW and Infiniti offer in the segment. But at that price point, I'd go for the BMW myself (my line of work suggests I use less flashy rides though - thus LGT). I am a closet fanboi now, but have owned two bimmers in the past.

Archived