LegacyGT.com

Thinking on jumping ship....

CL21376

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't been paying much attention to the ATS...I need to read up :)

The biggest issue with the G is everyone and their brother has one.

I know that feeling, I started feeling that way with my F-Body. I test drove a lot of cars before getting my 4th gen LGT. If snow wasn't as big of an issue I'd probably get a BRZ/FT68 as they're like my S13. Lightweight with a low center of gravity, great handling dynamic, decent MPG and good enough power. I did have a factory SR20DET in my otherwise stock S13 and it's sad to say I liked it better than my Boosted 3.8 F-Body.

..man.. the other thing though is you are going to miss the room this car has in the back seat..

As long as I can fit a car seat. Plenty of room for kids < 6. If I need to transport adults i have my wifes car. Or they are free to drive if it isn't roomy enough ;)

1) Sell LGT

2) Buy STI

3) Install Bigger Turbo

4) Call it a day

I would rather do heads/cam on my Firebird :lol:

Edit: looked at the STi when I got the LGT, wifey hateful the seats :(

1) Sell 5th gen

2) Buy 4th gen

3) Modify 4th gen

Doesn't seem that hard, really.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

1) Sell 5th gen

2) Buy 4th gen

3) Modify 4th gen

Doesn't seem that hard, really.

There was a 2.5i 4th gen on the lot when I got the 5th gen. I think it would be a tight fit for a rear facing infant seat.

There was a 2.5i 4th gen on the lot when I got the 5th gen. I think it would be a tight fit for a rear facing infant seat.

It's snug, but it works.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Curious, if this car wasn't 100% what you wanted and you don't need awd...?

You made the right choice when it comes to decent performance and great reliability for sure.. have you considered a low-mileage '09 335?

I just don't want FWD. RWD or AWD + manual.

We already had a 3 series. Great car, but we had constant little problems.

As long as I can get a rear facing infant seat I'm happy.

Looking at coilovers...$2400 for KW3s. I just hate to keep throwing $$ into cars.

Y'all make some good points. I need to find a G and a TL to drive.

You wont have a rear facing car seat for much longer.

Sometimes I wish I bought a car that was more practical. I'm barely over 5 feet tall so the legacy is HUGE.. plus it's a manual so when I'm sitting in traffic and my daughter is throwing a fit... it sucks. It's not so horrible that it makes me want to trade in my car though.

We are thinking about leasing an xb as a daily so I can lower my car and not have to worry about the roads of my daily commute.. traveling to DC.. etc

Also.. with a new house and baby.. it's probably not a good idea to get another car. Try the coilovers.. just not kW :p

..We already had a 3 series. Great car, but we had constant little problems.

The cars you mentioned earlier are great for reliability, but if you haven't used THIS as a resource I highly recommend it.. especially looking at reliability differences for the same model but different years. (2009 is a good year for the 335..)

You wont have a rear facing car seat for much longer.

Sometimes I wish I bought a car that was more practical. I'm barely over 5 feet tall so the legacy is HUGE.. plus it's a manual so when I'm sitting in traffic and my daughter is throwing a fit... it sucks. It's not so horrible that it makes me want to trade in my car though.

We are thinking about leasing an xb as a daily so I can lower my car and not have to worry about the roads of my daily commute.. traveling to DC.. etc

Also.. with a new house and baby.. it's probably not a good idea to get another car. Try the coilovers.. just not kW :p

We will probably be in a rear facing seat for awhile. My daughter is only 15 pounds and ~24" @ 1 year. And we are already talking about another.

While probably not the best financial decision, I could likely get into a G or TL for about the same or less than I'm paying now, although I would be adding 2 years of financing, but since I wouldn't keep the GT for long after paying it off, it really doesn't matter. Especially when the alternative is a couple thousand in coilovers.

The cars you mentioned earlier are great for reliability, but if you haven't used THIS as a resource I highly recommend it.. especially looking at reliability differences for the same model but different years. (2009 is a good year for the 335..)

I hate to say I'm anti BMW, but I am. I like to DIY maintenance, and that isn't really possible. The interior quality sucked on our 06, with 40,000 miles there was a hole in the carpet on the drivers side...door and steering wheel trim flaking off. And the erogonomics suck. No labels for what set of up/down arrows do, and with polarized glasses most of the orange/black displays wash out.

^I agree.. I went from an Audi so I have a feel ya on the maint part.. trying to think of a manual, with guts, you might not have to mod that has decent reliability..

I guess the two you are looking at (G & TL) are prob the best bet then imo

I hate to say I'm anti BMW, but I am. I like to DIY maintenance, and that isn't really possible. The interior quality sucked on our 06, with 40,000 miles there was a hole in the carpet on the drivers side...door and steering wheel trim flaking off. And the erogonomics suck. No labels for what set of up/down arrows do, and with polarized glasses most of the orange/black displays wash out.

BMW sucks. If it's not an e46 m3 it sucks.

^I agree.. I went from an Audi so I have a feel ya on the maint part.. trying to think of a manual, with guts, you might not have to mod that has decent reliability..

I guess the two you are looking at (G & TL) are prob the best bet then imo

Not a whole lot of options. I'm going to go do some test drives next week.

I found a 09 CPO G37 with 23K and a 11 TL with 30K. both are in the price range I'm looking at. I'm not 100% sure about this though.....

just might need a sh*t load of plasti-dip for that TL front grill! :)

Seems pretty common for acura dealers to color match the front and rear silver parts. If not, I've gotten pretty good having done my grill and window trim already ;)

Not trying to sell you on BMW, but if you haven't driven many others, that 06 is nothing like the rest. 06 was the first year of that new 3 series platform and it was not up to the quality of many others. Most BMWs are nothing like that.

Maintenance isn't bad either especially considering all you pay for the first 3 years is tires and gas. After that, it's not bad either. I've driven many past 200k and they are great, but some years are crap in comparison.

If you enjoyed the dynamics of the car, try another - you don't have anything to lose by just test driving. The new ones are more powerful as well.

We also had a G and talking about a car that fell apart :eek: Although that was an 06.

The TL is nice, the IS350 is also very nice, the newer 3s and 5s are excellent. I'm still not sold on the C class or Audi though.

Not trying to sell you on BMW, but if you haven't driven many others, that 06 is nothing like the rest. 06 was the first year of that new 3 series platform and it was not up to the quality of many others. Most BMWs are nothing like that.

Maintenance isn't bad either especially considering all you pay for the first 3 years is tires and gas. After that, it's not bad either. I've driven many past 200k and they are great, but some years are crap in comparison.

If you enjoyed the dynamics of the car, try another - you don't have anything to lose by just test driving. The new ones are more powerful as well.

We also had a G and talking about a car that fell apart :eek: Although that was an 06.

The TL is nice, the IS350 is also very nice, the newer 3s and 5s are excellent. I'm still not sold on the C class or Audi though.

I drove several later models as loaners. I had the same issues erogonomic and interior quality issues.

What was the issue with your g?

No manual in the is350.

BMW sucks if you're not rich and can afford to pay $600 for a new battery when it craps out on you after a year.

They're great cars when they work, which is about 10% of the time from my experience.

The washer fluid in ours always used to freeze. In a garage kept car, in Charlotte. The dealer said we needed BMW fluid as it had a higher alcohol content.

Sure, it was free, but it was a pia to drive to the BMW dealer to get washer fluid.

Archived