LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

• I Donated
It still won't keep your intercooler from leaking above 18 psi. Might keep it together but the leaks will still be there.

The leaks are due to the endtanks separating from the core. There are gaskets inside the IC that won't work if there is space between the core and the endtanks. Keep the separation from happening (as this kit does) and you keep the leaks from happening too.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is debating on doing this, JUST DO IT!

I started thinking about it last year and had been putting it off. Well, now I get to replace my stock TMIC for a bad split. I'm not taking any chances this time.

BTW, killer fast shipping! I mean seriously, it was at my door in less than 48 hrs.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd really like to do this mod because I like the plastic end tanks, and even the plastic intake manifold, contrary to many others. I watch my intake temperatures and even after a 2-3 pull, they remain within 10 degrees of ambient temp, which, to me, is great for a stock IC setup (Car is Stage 2).

I had a bar FMIC on my Passat, and the intake temps were upwards of 20-30 degrees above ambient.

I'm not planning on going much further than an aggressive Stage 2 Cryotune, so I don't believe I need an upgraded chiller. (For now) :cool:

Installed mine today. Very high quality parts, and even 8 full pages of instructions. Its 100$(if you also get the tool, and you should) to keep your tmic working. I am all stock, not even tuned yet, and mine started leaking. May have been me screwing with my bov that caused it, but it is possible even at stock. Overall 2 thumbs up for a great seller and a great product.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
just another satisfied customer saying thanks for the fast service!

Thanks for the kind words.

I have one kit that will go out tomorrow and all current orders will be filled. Thanks as always for the orders :redface:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
does each kit come with the banding tool?

Negative.

That's what i thought.

his website says its included, but i figured that it also hasn't been updated.

Can you please let me know where it says that? I don't see it anywhere on the site :confused: There was one possible reference that I added a few words to in order to be extra clear.

Sorry for any confusion.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• I Donated
Sorry bmb, i probably confused the OP here with the web page

Errr, what?

To confirm, here’s what will be included in the kit:

• Four (4) pieces of aluminum channel designed and cut to fit on the top/bottom of the stock TMIC where the end tanks attach to the core
  • One (1) piece of aluminum channel designed and cut to fit on the front passenger corner of the stock TMIC where the end tank attaches to the core
  • Two (2) stainless steel zip ties
  • Three (3) plastic zip ties
  • One (1) corbin clamp

• Instructions for installing the kit

:iam:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...