LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

there you go, yeh now I get it. That was my thought exactly but I figured "self-locking" should do its job. No matter what I do though it backs up a little before it locks. Banding back helps sometimes but it stretches the whole locking mechanism. I will try your way. Still have a question though. At the end of the video you are able to lift the tie quite easily with your hands...is that tight enough? I am wondering if simple bolt and nut wouldn't have more holding power (like the original design) Edited by Drogos

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
^that. I'll put it this way...my first kit that I made and installed was with nuts / bolts. It was more difficult to make and had clearance issues with the BPV hose. When I installed a kit on my outback, I went with the zip ties. It's a cleaner install, looks better, has no clearance issues in any application, and the holding power of the ties is more than adequate. There's really no pressure being applied to the ties on a regular basis, they are just there to ensure that nothing decides to grow legs and walk off on you.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 2 weeks later...
Ordered mine. Thanks.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Should also go out tomorrow. Do you need a new donut gasket for replacing your downpipe? If so, I probably have one that I can toss in with your kit.

I could use a donut if you have a spare. I didn't realize / think about that when ordering my downpipe last week.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Barmanbean, thank you very much! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Bump for a good and honest LGT forum vendor :).

Man I remember just 1.5 years ago when you 'just had' like 800 posts or something. Now 8000+. Talk about a Subaru addict :hide:.

Talk about creepy internet stalker^^ :lol:

Go eat some cheeese, frenchy!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(