LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
I just bought one!!

Come hell or high water I'll be stage 2 by next weekend!

Will go out in the mail tomorrow!

How much Massaging with a mallet should be required for this kit? On my 08 outback xt It was a chore to get these on. Broke a strap first, then pulled out 'ye ol mallet o rubber' to seat them.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

That sounds about right. On the handful of kits I've installed I've always used a regular hammer with wood blocks or a good rubber mallet. The kit is designed to fit tightly.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
Looks like I'll be buying one of these for my next intercooler :spin:

Unless this will fix the old one but I don't think it's how it works lol

Yeah, that's not how it's designed. It's possible that you could clamp it back down and install the kit, but I don't recommend it and I can't really offer any support.

Track down a new TMIC for ~$50 and just call it a day.

• Moderators
napa, amazon ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-30950-Joint-Banding-Tool/dp/B0002SRCZQ]here[/ame], or I prefer [ame=http://www.amazon.com/OTC-4623-Joint-Banding-Cutter/dp/B00063XX5U]this one[/ame]). I also think that some autozone's rent them for "free" (you pay for it, then return it when you're done through their rental program).

Obviously a quality product that has a true need in the community. 391posts over 27 pages and 7 months or so...

Thanks again for providing and perfecting this kit for purchase and seeeya for the initial idea.

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Moderators
Obviously a quality product that has a true need in the community. 391posts over 27 pages and 7 months or so...

Thanks again for providing and perfecting this kit for purchase and seeeya for the initial idea.

Dave

Indeed! The response to this has surprised the hell out of me, and I finally feel like I have a good grasp on keeping them in stock now that I have a better relationship with the machine shop.

Edited by BarManBean

• Moderators
Blech. If you take a pair of vise grips and try to massage everything back into it's right place I'd be interested what the result would look like. Might be an opportunity to test whether the kit would work on a jacked up TMIC...

• I Donated
Blech. If you take a pair of vise grips and try to massage everything back into it's right place I'd be interested what the result would look like. Might be an opportunity to test whether the kit would work on a jacked up TMIC...

I would be willing to do that. I'll have it leak tested tomorrow when it goes to motive for LCA bushings. If they detect the leak there then i'll see about doing that, but I need to be able to reproduce a control test before I can do experimenting. Scientific method!