LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

• I Donated
Didn't consider that air staying in the IC longer would lead to better heat exchange. Makes sense, though. I guess the question is whether the lower charge temps make up for the loss of airflow in cars with really big turbos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I Donated
Is there a NAPA near you? Local mechanic might have one to loan you as well.

I didn't check napa, online check says they're out at the moment. Don't think I'll have time to do it until next week, so might as well just buy it on amazon. I was trying to get it done today before 8 or so when the GF arrives, but alas, the car gods were not with me today. Monday it is!

• Moderators
I did not appreciate your actions on the other thread.

You lost my business.

Sorry to hear. I'm both a forum member and a home-vendor, and as such I post around just like any other member. Several other voices were echoing the same message that I was in the other thread--either way, apologies if I truly offended you.

Happy modding.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• I Donated
I did not appreciate your actions on the other thread.

You lost my business.

Go ahead and cut off your nose to spite your face. :lol:

You were being a douche, he called you on it (and in a much more diplomatic way than I'm calling you on it). His only crime was not sucking up to you and enabling your douchiness.

BTW, I saw what you originally posted before you edited the post in this thread. Classy. And really mature. :rolleyes:

• Moderators
BTW, I saw what you originally posted before you edited the post in this thread. Classy. And really mature. :rolleyes:

I saw the original post as well due to the fact that I get instant updates to this thread to respond to questions quickly. I didn't address it originally because his 'review' of one of my kits was an outright lie since he never installed it (it was resold in the classifieds, and I even offered assistance in his for sale thread).

As always, I appreciate everyone's continued support and strive for 100% customer satisfaction even though that's clearly not realistic.

I hicksta'd my install, broke 2/3 zip ties. Anyone in MA have an extra metal zip tie from their install left over?

I got some at Home Depot a while back when I ran out while wrapping my Header;)

• I Donated
I got some at Home Depot a while back when I ran out while wrapping my Header;)

I checked home depot and lowes, neither of them have long enough zip ties for the BP kit. BMB is going to save my ass again and send me another one. In the meantime, some pics from my install.

1st pic - some of my tabs actually broke off on the turbo side, we'll see if that affects how well the kit works.

2nd pic - another shot of the two tabs that broke

3rd pic - my mcgyver solution to the 1/3 zip tie thing. Plastic zip ties on the cold side with gorilla tape all along the channels to hopefully hold them in place. Metal zip tie properly installed on hot side.

2108585704_2013-04-0217_17_36.thumb.jpg.bb36843576a10156da0e2e19a99d9fd1.jpg

714270170_2013-04-0217_17_42.thumb.jpg.719c9c08118f669de4f7478300975544.jpg

486528332_2013-04-0219_06_10.thumb.jpg.2e0a597dd777042291eea055fd44ea00.jpg

• Moderators
I checked home depot and lowes, neither of them have long enough zip ties for the BP kit. BMB is going to save my ass again and send me another one. In the meantime, some pics from my install.

1st pic - some of my tabs actually broke off on the turbo side, we'll see if that affects how well the kit works.

2nd pic - another shot of the two tabs that broke

3rd pic - my mcgyver solution to the 1/3 zip tie thing. Plastic zip ties on the cold side with gorilla tape all along the channels to hopefully hold them in place. Metal zip tie properly installed on hot side.

LOL, looks like it should hold for the time being. Your zip ties are in the mail :)

Just ordered. Getting ready for stage 2.

Thanks BMB

Thanks!

Well Those zip ties are the hardes thing I have ever tried to use, lol. I got them fairly tight, but not real tight. i ended up using some gorilla glue on the corners to make sure they stay in place.

• Moderators
Well Those zip ties are the hardes thing I have ever tried to use, lol. I got them fairly tight, but not real tight. i ended up using some gorilla glue on the corners to make sure they stay in place.

Well hopefully they are tight enough, sounds like they are. If you need more ties let me know.