LegacyGT.com

Spc2125 Help Thread

ces publicly. Shouldnt have even started. But all will be well one way or another.

As long as you make it though school, keep that car running and don't burden yourself with too much debt right out of school we applaud you, spoken about or not.:)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you convinced to get HPS pads yet?

Nope. going to get centric premium rear rotors and the stoptech pads. They are in my cart but i havent pulled the trigger yet. I just cant seem to get myself to buy $70 pads for mixed reviews. And they are just the rears so they dont take as much abuse as the front. Hopefully for the fronts, when they need to be changed, I will go with like dba4000 series rotors and XXX pads.

As long as you make it though school, keep that car running and don't burden yourself with too much debt right out of school we applaud you, spoken about or not.:)

I got good financial aid so I dont need to take out a student loan for extra or even for books :p

But my goal is to save a bit of money so that maybe I can pay off the federal unsubsidized loan from my freshman year so I dont end up with too much interest. But lots of variables and im just taking things day by day.

Just trying to establish a good GPA freshman year :)

I could be wrong, but I thought they had a different chassis altogether. Search on Nasioc

Only reason i thought this was so because i looked on subimods for sway bars and it says. Xxxx sway bar for legacy gt 05-09 and Wrx 08-10

sssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcccccccccccchhhhhhhhhh

I have been....

If you read my first post it says that I search first and if i dont find what Im looking for then I ask.

This is my thread you know.... dedicated to stupid/noobish/common questions. If you dont like it, then dont comment. Your just trashing my thread and its just annoying.

i love trashing your thread.

All questions you've asked can be answered using the search feature. You need to use appropriate search terms. For example, searching this forum for "Legacy Turbo" may not give good results. Likewise, searching for posts by users such as "dr_sharp" wouldn't be of much value either. Work on your search skills and report back young padiwan.

lol

• I Donated Too

SPC,

You need to go about suspension mods the same way you'd go about power mods. First, decide an end goal. Is this going to be a street machine? How is the quality of your local roads if so? Is this going to be autocrossed or tracked? Both have specific demands on suspension. Are you going to change your wheel/tire combo for a wider tire?

Let's say you're going to go with coilovers, which have a stiff spring rate, or don't want a super stiff ride. a softer sway will suffice, like a whiteline 22/20. On the other hand, let's say you go with a moderate spring rate like an H-tech or Pinks, and an adjustable strut like Konis. You could run a stiffer sway bar, like a Perrin 25/25. But all this is affected by how you want your car to handle and in what conditions.

Okay I have done some searching.

I have found that some people have actually run F+R sway bars on the stock endlinks.

Anybody here want to chime in about that. I would do the sway bars, and then eventually upgrade the endlinks. But ive read that the legacy endlinks hold up better than the wrx sti ones.

Also a good read for sway bars I found this

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1152714

I'm not sure that you fully understand this thread. You see it doesn't end. It starts over tomorow when spc sees another shiny aftermarket item that he wants and is too excited to search before posting :p

Exactly !!!!! :lol:

• I Donated Too
I did sways before endlinks, it was fine. The endlinks did make an noticeable improvement though. Like NRW said, the mount are MANDATORY because if you damage the stock mounts, repair includes having sheet metal fabbed and welded to the frame...

your going to want rear swaybar mounting brackets as well since those will tear.

And if you can get the rust fused oem ones off and onto the new sways I'll be amazed

I know you have an upgraded suspension, what was it again?

Neil has dinosaur bones and whales dorks for his suspension

this

koni/htech, hotchkis/kartboy/avo, whiteline bushings sprinkled throughout. Oh and a useless cusco fstb.

I think that's it.

Archived