LegacyGT.com

05 LGT Wagon---HOOD LOUVERS--Lots Of Pictures

SGT Daddy

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're saying the louvers work because SCIENCE! And the people actually using science to explain why it's a bad idea are full of shit because old models did it.

You're still not getting it. You're bullshitting people who actually know wtf. It's going to keep ending badly.

Am I the only one to think that these tiny louvres will have pretty close to zero effect either way?

No

It's kinda like having a STi lower lip and thinking it will have the same effect as a real racecar splitter.

Wait, wait, wait. It doesn't?!?! OP can you find me a few links that prove otherwise?

You're saying the louvers work because SCIENCE! And the people actually using science to explain why it's a bad idea are full of shit because old models did it.

You're still not getting it. You're bullshitting people who actually know wtf. It's going to keep ending badly.

Ask me if I care. I read the links and it could go either way. So you can all continue to do what you do or admit these might work with out negative affects. The research behind louvers proves they work. If any of you choose to accept this or not is your choice. Just because its different and you all don't like it.

Well, you're halfway there. All you really have to say is you like it and you don't give a **** what we think. Where you go wrong is insisting that since louvers work on a given application, they must be awesome everywhere.... like in a platform that has no issues with heat other than keeping the incoming charge cool, which is already addressed through other mechanisms.

Ask me if I care. I read the links and it could go either way. So you can all continue to do what you do or admit these might work with out negative affects. The research behind louvers proves they work. If any of you choose to accept this or not is your choice. Just because its different and you all don't like it.

You already made a claim that you are making MORE POWER.

You already made a claim that you read the articles. Oh wait, you didn't.

You already tested the airflow as in the articles? Oh wait, you didn't. (Or even bother to post a log)

You already F--KED UP your car and are desperately trying to convince the community otherwise. Oh yes, you did.

The jury is NOT out. Its obvious that the louvers have done at least three out of four things. You pick.

1. Made absolutely no difference in peformance.

2. Made alterations to the pressure relationship underhood REDUCING tmic efficiency.

3. Made you a liar about your powerband, even if only you believe it

4. Made you a ricer. Those are visual mods that are likely depowering you.

You already made a claim that you are making MORE POWER.

You already made a claim that you read the articles. Oh wait, you didn't.

You already tested the airflow as in the articles? Oh wait, you didn't. (Or even bother to post a log)

You already F--KED UP your car and are desperately trying to convince the community otherwise. Oh yes, you did.

The jury is NOT out. Its obvious that the louvers have done at least three out of four things. You pick.

1. Made absolutely no difference in peformance.

2. Made alterations to the pressure relationship underhood REDUCING tmic efficiency.

3. Made you a liar about your powerband, even if only you believe it

4. Made you a ricer. Those are visual mods that are likely depowering you.

Interesting that you all think that decades of proven use of louvers is bad. Thus I really dont care, I read the second article yesterday. I understand that it covers the TMIC cars and how pressure affects them. From four years ago, yes it was detailed and educational and helpful. The cross section of cars using louvers for reducing underhood temps is far greater then the small group of cars running TMIC. I do understand that Louvers were and primarely used on bigger motor, off road, and hotrod cars. That doesnt mean they have no value to other cars. Reducing the under hood temps helps prevent heat soak after heavy traffic or long trips. by allowing the heat to escape up and out the louvers instead of staying trapped in the engine bay. This helps with the over all longevity of the engine and accessorizes. This however is unimportant to 90% who dont keep your cars that long or use them for DD. I know alot of you use them as DD, but like most people flip your cars every 4-6yr avg. So getting 200,xxx+ out of your car is not on your radar.

My point is it does not matter if you like them or me I could care less. Louvers have decades of proven benefit in reducing the under-temps of cars across the board. It as was pointed out means they are the best thing for TMIC cars, not to say they are bad just not the best. A FMIC would be better.

Like it or not it wont change my mind any. Yes I know my spelling and grammar needs work.

:bbq:

The key thing in this thread is why anyone cares so much. It's turned from a tech debate to a bit of a flame fest. Everyone wants to prove how their tech knowledge is superior to anyone else's.

I doubt the louvres will make much difference, OP, but enjoy your car and the mods you choose.

When hood louvers will really help with your car:

• in traffic
  • offroading at very low speeds with heavy loads
  • ?????

When hood louvers won't help:

• anywhere else

It'll help with heatsoak of the TMIC in traffic. But that's really about it. I don't see how these would make any difference once you got the car moving and in fact, I think they might hurt. I'm fairly certain the engine bay cools off relatively quickly once the car gets moving at 25+ MPH so aside from those first few seconds of getting up to speed, the heatsoak shouldn't be too horrible.

As far as the appearance, I don't think it's god awful ugly. Just not something I would do to my car though.

The key thing in this thread is why anyone cares so much. It's turned from a tech debate to a bit of a flame fest. Everyone wants to prove how their tech knowledge is superior to anyone else's.

I doubt the louvres will make much difference, OP, but enjoy your car and the mods you choose.

I disagree, I think people here have a general disdain for those that try to make completely baseless and false claims and pass them off as effective while providing no evidence at all. I think people would react the same way if we were talking about some different mod in the same vain.

No one likes a liar.

Archived