LegacyGT.com

200,000 in my '06 spec. B

Basically take an actual SPOON and put it by your ODO that shows it's over 200k miles, that way we know it's not a fake photo.

Is this better?

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117622&stc=1&d=1336503696

X

spoon.jpg.1386842e2eff34c97d36604f58b6a496.jpg

---

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I don't have a spoon in the car. My closest utensil - my Leatherman.

(note: if you travel at all, buy one. I keep it in my driver's side cubby hole. It's amazing how many times it has come in handy.)

In 2001 when I bought my first WRX and spent way too much time on i-club (pre-nasioc namechange) while working in an office I used to be very versed in forum phrases and whatnot. These days, not so much. I'm still a massive geek, but in my free time I'd rather not be in front of a computer.

-Clif

http://homepage.mac.com/maclif/legacy2/spoon1.JPG

I love to see another owner USE their legacy I let the seat down and pack fire wood in mine during the winter and I even take a deer to a check station in the trunk (wrapped in nylon drag bag). Ive had various long boxes from Ikea strapped to the top and crawled up a steep dirt road to make it to a fishing pond or two.

Congrat on 200K on a turbo Subaru

• Mega Users
So, I don't have a spoon in the car. My closest utensil - my Leatherman.

(note: if you travel at all, buy one. I keep it in my driver's side cubby hole. It's amazing how many times it has come in handy.)

In 2001 when I bought my first WRX and spent way too much time on i-club (pre-nasioc namechange) while working in an office I used to be very versed in forum phrases and whatnot. These days, not so much. I'm still a massive geek, but in my free time I'd rather not be in front of a computer.

-Clif

http://homepage.mac.com/maclif/legacy2/spoon1.JPG

Clif,

I stand corrected, you are the man!

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

I love to see another owner USE their legacy I let the seat down and pack fire wood in mine during the winter and I even take a deer to a check station in the trunk (wrapped in nylon drag bag). Ive had various long boxes from Ikea strapped to the top and crawled up a steep dirt road to make it to a fishing pond or two.

Congrat on 200K on a turbo Subaru

Good for you getting use out of yours as well.

You are my hero. I was wondering if anyone out there had an '06 Spec.B with more miles than mine.

Mine will hit 140k in a couple of days. It has been almost trouble free. I did replace the original clutch a few months ago but only because the throwout bearing went bad and I decided to have them both done ..although when they inspected the clutch it did appear to have some life left in it. Still running original turbo. Engine is consuming about a cup of oil (Mobil 1) between changes....I have never had to add any. I average 24 mpg....27 mpg on trips. Have replaced 3 rear wheel bearings but Subaru paid for them. Still drives like new. I agree with you that the '06 Spec.B may be the best ever of the Legacies, but of course we are prejudiced. I think it is one of the best looking cars Subaru has ever made also.

I love this car like no other I've ever had but sometimes I wonder whether to drive it until it dies, or sell it while I can still get something for it. Except there is really no other car I'd rather have. If they were going to offer the diesel version of the XV in the US, that would be tempting.

Thank you.

Your oil consumption is well within range for that many miles.

I feel like I'm knocking out a lot of miles, but I know older subies out there with 300,000 or 400,000 miles. That makes me think I've just begin my journey.

I forgot something else that I replaced that wasn't typical maintenance. At around 185,000 my clutch fork nearly broke in half. Most of it's service life was engaging a heavier-than-stock ACT clutch. It split in three at the ball and tore the metal across the fork.

I do rev-match/double clutch/heel-toe(where applicable) on every downshift. Who knows how many times that fork was put under load.

On the plus side, all of my syncros looked like new.

-Cli

How fast do you go through a set of tires?

If I can get a set of tires to last a year I cry tears of joy.

I love the look of the spec B rims, but 18"s just leave such little sidewalls. I don't know how many tires have bubbled or separated. And I haven't found the magic tire that lasts forever while riding well and being quiet. I won't buy Yokohamas again after having sidewall failure on three out of four tires on a set.

Great story. What about your timing belt intervals? Are you on number 2?

I just had #3 put in. I do most work on my car, but the timing was bad for me to do this one. I normally do it every 105,000. This one I put in a bit early (199,000). Every 105,000 I do timing belt, tensioner, pulleys, water pump, lower and upper radiator hoses, accessory belts and cam and crank seals. This time I did the plugs as well (that's why I did it early, I was having trouble with one of my plugs).

Doing all of that is pricey, but I know that I only have to do it every two years. Besides, it will be significantly more if I don't do it and pop a belt or water pump.

Within the last 10,000, I've also redone the brakes (new fluid, pads, rotors) and clutch. I should be good to go on major service for quite sometime.

I don't change coolant every 30,000. I think the stuff still does it's job well after 9 months. :lol:

Archived