200,000 in my '06 spec. B

Wow.

Still on the original turbo? - changed under warranty before 100,000

Still on original injectors? - yep

No broken oil pickup tube? - nope

No burnt exhaust valves? - all look good, exhaust showing no signs

No broken ring lands? Nope

No disintegrating crank pulley? Pulleys are fine

No mangled transmission snout? Have had the transmission out three times lately and the snout is good.

How is this possible?? :cool::)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had the oil line that runs down next to the oil filter replaced because it was seeping.

I've also blown plastic endcaps off of stock intercoolers a couple times. I have one epoxied now that has held ok. I'm thinking about fiberglassing the caps in place on my spare intercooler but haven't had time yet.

• 4 months later...

This guy is my idol. But i read somewhere that subaru manufactures their engines to last 500,000 miles.

Also i read another article where a guy drove his 199? Honda civic 1 million miles and honda gave him a free car!

Anyways, i look forward to having as much success in longevity of my spec b, althouht it seems at a mere 86k miles, ive replaced more than you already. Shortblock, turbo, and soon to be center differential.

Spec B FTW!

This guy is my idol. But i read somewhere that subaru manufactures their engines to last 500,000 miles.

Also i read another article where a guy drove his 199? Honda civic 1 million miles and honda gave him a free car!

:) I'm a little over 219,000 at the moment. I am five days away from having my current set of tires one year. They are basically on their wear bars and I am actually pretty pumped to get a year out of a set of rubber.

I did bone-headedly break a door handle a couple days ago. But it's fixed now.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fixed-broken-door-handle-194190.html

-Clif

If you end up breaking your handle, I ordered a new one, got it painted, and installed it myself for just over $100 (read the last post).

I saw your thread. That's my plan B. I fixed mine in a little less than an hour (more than taking the door apart) without spending a dime. If that doesn't work, I'll buy a new handle. But by and large, there are plenty of other things I'd rather spend $100 on when it's something I can fix. :)

"Honey, it's an investment. Think of all the money we could save by doing the work ourselves"

Don't put all the tools in one place, and make sure to find a way to store stuff in cabinets. You can pull off that line of reasoning -a lot- longer when they're out of sight. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I found an 06 spec b with 102k on it for 9500. Im still debating on getting it or not because its 1200 miles away, but you inspire me! hopefully i can join the club soon. Its a tough choice :/

$9500?!?! If everything checks out mechanically and cosmetically... that is a steal !

You could flip that for a few grand... or have one hell of a car :)

$9500?!?! If everything checks out mechanically and cosmetically... that is a steal !

You could flip that for a few grand... or have one hell of a car :)

The car does seem to be in very good shape. Plus those are basically impossible to find in central florida where i live...actually they're pretty hard to find anywhere lol the owner supposedly is a technician for subaru and says the car checks out. I just wish it was closer. Its hard to pull the trigger when all i have is a few phone calls and pictures lol

• 2 months later...

Well, if you're curious I've drifted past 231,000 miles. I rounded off 2012 putting on 49,280 miles. And not being the boring, taking the same commute type, I had the chance to hit some private dirt roads on a central Texas ranch a couple days ago. That was fun. :)

-Clif231legacy.jpg

I have a career, but I drive for a living. I have about 150 destinations I frequent regularly. No two days are the same. It doesn't matter how rough an appointment may be - when I step outside and see my spec. b in the parking lot I smile. Sitting quietly, like a panther ready to strike. Sunroof opens, throaty exhaust note ignites, music comes up, gears engage, clutch releases and I am on my way to have my own private recess before I repeat it all again.

Someone asked once why I rack up so many miles on a spec. b. It's simple - I don't hate myself.

-Clif

I have a career, but I drive for a living. I have about 150 destinations I frequent regularly. No two days are the same. It doesn't matter how rough an appointment may be - when I step outside and see my spec. b in the parking lot I smile. Sitting quietly, like a panther ready to strike. Sunroof opens, throaty exhaust note ignites, music comes up, gears engage, clutch releases and I am on my way to have my own private recess before I repeat it all again.

Someone asked once why I rack up so many miles on a spec. b. It's simple - I don't hate myself.

-Clif

Love it

Archived