LegacyGT.com

200,000 in my '06 spec. B

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does your work cover gas, car maintenance, hotel expenses?

Gas, oil changes and hotels. I pay for other maintenance items. I budget a certain amount a month and expect to purchase tires annually. Having the clutch, timing belt, brakes, fifth gear and turbo inlet hose all changed within a couple months was a bit rough. :eek: But, most of the labor I did myself, so it wasn't too bad.

Crazy stuff man. I envy you and your lifestyle but i don't think i can put up with all the time spend on the road.

I'm kind of addicted to the road. I get kind of antsy if I'm not moving.

My hobby - ChumpCar endurance road racing. You know, when I need a break from driving or maintaining the spec. B - I build and race a Nissan 300ZX. :)

So, here are the three main non-maintenance items that haven't really done well over time outside the usual suspects:

http://homepage.mac.com/maclif/legacy2/failure1.JPG

Turbo inlet hose tore (it tore a bit more coming out) and was replaced at 195,000.

http://homepage.mac.com/maclif/legacy2/failure2.JPG

Clutch fork - 185,000 miles of pushing an ACT HDSS clutch. The ball punched through and snapped the fork.

http://homepage.mac.com/maclif/legacy2/failure3.JPG

Fifth gear - 180,000 miles. This is technically a result from a driving incident about 9 months before it let loose.

Quite inspiring, though clearly you are an idiot for your oil choice and change interval. Everyone here knows that by using dino oil and changing it that infrequently your motor will never last. That's also probably why you go through tires so often.

My sister used to work for Herff-Jones doing the yearbook thing. She drove all over southwest Virginia going to the most podunk places. I could have never imagined doing it. Just last weekend I was traveling through those areas and I have to say that driving on windy narrow roads would probably never get tiring.

Thanks for sharing.

You crack me up, landark.

I know quite a few people who work for Herff. It's a good company. I'm in a really unique and odd world for work. Somedays when I'm carving through scenic two-lane highways I have to remind myself I'm getting paid for this.

http://homepage.mac.com/maclif/200k2.jpg

^kina boring question but how did you get the 'legacy' logo to be red? I think it shows up as white for regular LGTs. Is it because it's a spec. B or you did some mod to it?

^kina boring question but how did you get the 'legacy' logo to be red? I think it shows up as white for regular LGTs. Is it because it's a spec. B or you did some mod to it?

IIRC they switched it to red in the 06's

• Moderators
Quite inspiring, though clearly you are an idiot for your oil choice and change interval. Everyone here knows that by using dino oil and changing it that infrequently your motor will never last. That's also probably why you go through tires so often.

I don't get it--his oil choice/change interval is affecting his tire wear?

Also, proof is in the pudding--he's clearly chosen the right oil and change interval for his vehicle and driving habits. You can't say for sure that he wouldn't have had issues if he switched to Amsoil Euro (or any other over priced but "well liked" synthetic oil) early on.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Also, proof is in the pudding--he's clearly chosen the right oil and change interval for his vehicle and driving habits. You can't say for sure that he wouldn't have had issues if he switched to Amsoil Euro (or any other over priced but "well liked" synthetic oil) early on.

http://cdn.overclock.net/1/1d/1de2e2d7_youre-kidding-right.png

:spin::spin::spin:I don't think $7.60 a qt. for Amsoil 0w-30 SSO is over price IMO. 15k OCI. 195k, stage 2, on original motor & turbo.:)

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

:spin::spin::spin:I don't think $7.60 a qt. for Amsoil 0w-30 SSO is over price IMO. 15k OCI. 195k, stage 2, on original motor & turbo.:)

Mike

This. ^^^

To any of you non-believers, please read this.

I don't care if you use synthetics or not, but ...

proof is in the pudding.

Mike

That's cheap. When I was in Norway not too long ago, 4 liters of Castrol syntec 5W30 was like 120 bucks or more.

Congrats on the 200k OP.

But what I don't think most of you standard leggy owners are realizing is that the specB is actually able to bend and warp space-time. So 200k in a specB actually takes the same amount of earth-time as running up 90-105k in a regular lgt.

Also regarding the dino oil: as the turbo in the spec spools it's actually simultaneously undergoing a complex process of distilling the crude and synthesizing its own synthetic oil. Thus, the spec actually craps out synthetic when dino is used. If anyone wants to get 200k+ out of their lgt, you just need to persuade a specB owner to give you his used oil, as that is the elixer of life.

Even though the laws of physics don't apply to you though, congrats on that 200k, seriously.

Congrats on the 200k OP.

But what I don't think most of you standard leggy owners are realizing is that the specB is actually able to bend and warp space-time. So 200k in a specB actually takes the same amount of earth-time as running up 90-105k in a regular lgt.

Also regarding the dino oil: as the turbo in the spec spools it's actually simultaneously undergoing a complex process of distilling the crude and synthesizing its own synthetic oil. Thus, the spec actually craps out synthetic when dino is used. If anyone wants to get 200k+ out of their lgt, you just need to persuade a specB owner to give you his used oil, as that is the elixer of life.

Even though the laws of physics don't apply to you though, congrats on that 200k, seriously.

:lol::lol:

That's stock.

Congrats on the 200k OP.

You discovered my secrets. :lol:

Wow.

Still on the original turbo?

Still on original injectors?

No broken oil pickup tube?

No burnt exhaust valves?

No broken ring lands?

No disintegrating crank pulley?

No mangled transmission snout?

How is this possible?? :cool::)

Wow.

Still on the original turbo?

Still on original injectors?

No broken oil pickup tube?

No burnt exhaust valves?

No broken ring lands?

No disintegrating crank pulley?

No mangled transmission snout?

How is this possible?? :cool::)

Turbo was replaced around 100k if I read right :)

Archived