LegacyGT.com

How many miles do you have on your n/a legacy

~115K on my wifes 05 Legacy Wagon SE.

TB done, new front axles, plugs, f&r diff fluid, trans flush all done within the last 1.5K.

Only problems are when turning either way and reversing or going forward, the car seems to really bind and will stop the car. I have to give it gas to get the car to move, and it feels like it binds more with the sharper the wheel turns.

Other problem, when parking and putting the shifter into park, I can feel some sort of a release. The trans shop says that it is nothing more than the release of the spun up force from the diff while driving. I have put in the Sea Foam trans fix stuff and it seems to help out, but I am not too sure what else it could be other than the front diff. No idea.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
wow! how did you put that many miles on so quick?

I believe it had about 19970 when we left the dealership which is about 1.5 hours from where I live. I work 50 miles round trip from my house and this was before I left for Boston. By the time I get back she'll have over 21k lol!

~115K on my wifes 05 Legacy Wagon SE.

TB done, new front axles, plugs, f&r diff fluid, trans flush all done within the last 1.5K.

Only problems are when turning either way and reversing or going forward, the car seems to really bind and will stop the car. I have to give it gas to get the car to move, and it feels like it binds more with the sharper the wheel turns.

Other problem, when parking and putting the shifter into park, I can feel some sort of a release. The trans shop says that it is nothing more than the release of the spun up force from the diff while driving. I have put in the Sea Foam trans fix stuff and it seems to help out, but I am not too sure what else it could be other than the front diff. No idea.

That binding is a front diff issue eventually you will have to address it the problem aka rebuild your gearbox. :redface:

Hi.

160.000 km.

I've just change shifter bushings last week, for Cobbs ones (lateral and rear): greeeaat change!;)

Front ones were totally destroyed :eek:: changed for OEM.

Archived