LegacyGT.com

How many miles do you have on your n/a legacy

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
1998 Legacy outback-bone stock MT 191000 HG done at 90000 Oil and fuel since no problem. Just reg maintenance.2006 B-9 Tribeca bone stock 83000 swaybar bushings at 45000 no problem since.Both daily raiders.If I take em to hell they will take me and mine family back safe.WE DON'T FIGHT SNOW WE ENJOY IT!

Yeah these cars seem at home driving aggressively, I loved it for the month I drove my first gen, that thing corners third gear like a miata. The motor was on its way to hell so I had fun with it before I took it apart. That motor had 293k on it and only real damage was two exhaust valves were shriveled like cooked mushrooms and a blackened piston top(wasn't burned)...I could literally put headgaskets back on it and drive it the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just turned over 50K on my '08 3.0R Limited

Problems to date:

Passenger door lock actuators on both sides died around the 35K mark (purchased new actuators, but haven't installed them yet)

Warped rotor around 1000 miles (fixed under warranty) and again at 45K (replaced with EBC slotted rotors and 'green stuff' pads on all four wheels)

Front right catalytic converter heat shield began rattling while in gear at idle (tightened screws and padded with heat resistant fibreglass cloth)

Passenger side top strut mount went bad at 50K (replaced struts, shocks and mounts with Bilstein B6 units intended for the Spec B. They're much firmer, but feel really good)

I see the 50k mile 08s and 09s and im like damn... I got 211k lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

I have a short commute (25ish miles round trip) and only a few road trips.

The 3.0R Legacy's an awesome car for the highway though and I get close to 28MPG even though I burn mid-grade gas and usually go 80 (and still no speeding tickets!). The spousal unit *hates* going long distances in it since it's a lot lower to the ground and has a much firmer suspension than our Sienna van.

• 4 months later...

About 200 or so from 49k on my '07... And I thought I had too many miles too! I must thank you guys for getting me out of my funk.

Unfortunately, The only major issue I've had has been flooded chambers or something... twice. This last time however it seemed to be properly repaired. He even said he thought it could have been a seal, but so far, it isn't. Lesson learned, don't go to NTB to repair your car, no matter how close they are.

I have a short commute (25ish miles round trip) and only a few road trips.

The 3.0R Legacy's an awesome car for the highway though and I get close to 28MPG even though I burn mid-grade gas and usually go 80 (and still no speeding tickets!). The spousal unit *hates* going long distances in it since it's a lot lower to the ground and has a much firmer suspension than our Sienna van.

The 08 requires premium

Just turned over 50K on my '08 3.0R Limited

Front right catalytic converter heat shield began rattling while in gear at idle (tightened screws and padded with heat resistant fibreglass cloth)

I fixed the rattle around the same mileage by inserting a long screw on each side of the exhaust to create tension between the shield and the exhaust pipe. It was fine for years but it started rattling again so I may have to look for a more permanent solution. Any details on the fiber you were talking about?

I fixed the rattle around the same mileage by inserting a long screw on each side of the exhaust to create tension between the shield and the exhaust pipe. It was fine for years but it started rattling again so I may have to look for a more permanent solution. Any details on the fiber you were talking about?

The fiberglass cloth is a piece of an old welders blanket. They sell smaller pieces at plumbing houses for protecting surrounding wood when soldering copper pipes.

Regarding fuel. I believe they 'recommend' it, not require it. I used to burn nothing but premium then on the advice of a couple of people, tried 89 octane and had no issues with it at all. I ran my wifi engine monitor with it and don't see anything that's of concern. Given gas prices these days, it's nice to save a couple of bucks.

I just installed the third set of tires on it a week or so back. Aside from the factory tires, I've been using Eagle GTs and they seem pretty good. I tend to corner pretty hard, so they get worn faster than normal.

Slotted rotors and pads are holding up well. The EBC greens seem pretty dusty, but no complaints otherwise. I just turned over 56k the other day.

Archived